Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Precision Pro issues

So, I'm finally getting some time on the new vRide. We took it out yesterday to board behind it. I know this has been asked before, but why in the heck do I need to turn on the cruise every single time I start the engine? This seems like a big step backwards from the Perfect Pass in my buddy's 2005 Sunscape. Do we know if Malibu will be offering a new firmware to solve this or is it just not possible since you're losing power to the console when you turn the key off? We shut the engine down after each set, so it gets to be a major headache to remember to turn the cruise on every time.

Thanks,

Shawn

With PP I would always forget to turn it off when we were done. I don't think it is a step backwards! It is just a different step. It took me a while to get used to the new way but it will soon become second nature. I have not heard of any firmware upgrade available to change this. You can engage after you have started by reducing your speed below 20 (some have to go as low as 15) and hitting the engage button.

Edited by larrys
With PP I would always forget to turn it off when we were done. I don't think it is a step backwards! It is just a different step. It took me a while to get used to the new way but it will soon become second nature. I have not heard of any firmware upgrade available to change this. You can engage after you have started by reducing your speed below 20 (some have to go as low as 15) and hitting the engage button.

We have to be going below about 5 to get it to engage.

I also agree it is kind of annoying, but see the wisdom behind it to some degree.

With PP I would always forget to turn it off when we were done. I don't think it is a step backwards! ....

but with PP you can turn it off when it is on (at least mine you can).

We could never do that with PP, if you tried to turn it off at speed the system would flip out & beep steadily until you pulled back to neutral & let it figure things out. I tend to agree with Larry, it's just a different sort of thing to get used to IMO.

another quick thought --- on my buddy's supra his PP stays on --- or i should say, when the key is turned off, then turned back on, you don't need to re-engage PP it just works as if it was never turned off.

Yeah, I've been annoyed with this as well. I've found that if I've forgotten it will sometimes turn on after I've already gotten to speed, but sometimes it won't. I brings out that uncontrolable urge to push the on button REALLY hard out of frustration.