Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

UFP bolt. Where to buy?

chathamsolutions

My UFP brake calipher came off. Ya, bummer.

It's held on by two bolts. I lost one, I called UFP and they said to replace them both. They gave me DHM Trailers as their local distributor. I called Ken at DHM and they have a $15 minimum order.

I've got to have these by the end of next week.

Anyone have any idea where I can purchase two 1" long 7/16 fine threaded Grad 5 bolts? And two matching star washers?

All the internet places I've looked want you to buy 600 at a time. I only need a few bucks worth.

Thanks!

Try Lowe's.

They have grade 5 and grade 8 bolts along with SS, but I don't know if they have the dimension you're looking for or if they have the star washers. They typically sell in packs of 1 - 4 depending on the size of the bolt.

It's held on by two bolts. I lost one, I called UFP and they said to replace them both. They gave me DHM Trailers as their local distributor. I called Ken at DHM and they have a $15 minimum order.

Anyone have any idea where I can purchase two 1" long 7/16 fine threaded Grad 5 bolts? And two matching star washers?

All the internet places I've looked want you to buy 600 at a time. I only need a few bucks worth.

Thanks!

ACE hardware usually has a lot of different fasteners.... the 2 up here have tons of bolts, etc.

Should be able to get it at OSH. Don't worry about the star washer, use a split lock washer instead. Are you sure there's no other damage? When that happened to me, the metal brake line broke due to the looseness of the calipher.

edit: ooops, never mind. I just remembered your Extreme trailer has rubber lines going to the calipher.

Edited by Pistol Pete

Fortunately no other damage to the calipher or brake lines. It thrashed the inside of the wheel and left a heafty bald spot on the tire though.

I tried Ace with no luck. I'll try OSH and then Lowes. Hopefully they'll have it, otherwise I'm going to be spending $7.50 for a bolt. Vomit.gif

Fortunately no other damage to the calipher or brake lines. It thrashed the inside of the wheel and left a heafty bald spot on the tire though.

I tried Ace with no luck. I'll try OSH and then Lowes. Hopefully they'll have it, otherwise I'm going to be spending $7.50 for a bolt. Vomit.gif

OSH, maybe but Lowes probably not same goes for HD.. Call West Marine, they usually have a decent amount of fasteners as well.

OSH, maybe but Lowes probably not same goes for HD.. Call West Marine, they usually have a decent amount of fasteners as well.

you probably have a fastenal nearby

Thanks!

Try trailers by dorsey : http://www.trailersbydorsey.com/. Look or download their parts catalog...they sell all of the UFP hitches / brakes and have exploded diagrams with all of the parts listed. If you call them (405-375-5712) ask for Jeff in parts ....he has been very helpful and can probably get you exactly what you need in time for the weekend. Thumbup.gif

Found it at OSH. They had some great stuff and a big selection of bolts.

Ended up spending $70 though, instead of the $15 I would have spent if I'd just told the DHM guy I was willing to pay their minimum purchase amount. :)