Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Waterski magazine, missed issues

uk_exile

There's been a problem with my subscription (again ! Mad.gif ) and I didn't receive April or May 2007.

After many emails finally yesterday the publisher replied with the fact they're now out of stock of the two issues they didn't send. Bet they weren't when I first began emailing about the problem Mad.gif

I rushed out and managed to get a copy of May 2007 (Volume 29, Issue 4) from the magazine shop ROFL.gif but they've out of stock of April issue.

Does anyone have a spare copy or have finished with theirs ?

It's winter here and I'm desperate for inspiration Crazy.gif

I also had to order online and haven't received anything yet, I haven't been able to find a magazine even at Borders Books which is a very large chain here in the US. I was always able to find them somewhere in the past and haven't had a copy in three months.

Edited by 68Slalom
There's been a problem with my subscription (again ! Mad.gif ) and I didn't receive April or May 2007.

After many emails finally yesterday the publisher replied with the fact they're now out of stock of the two issues they didn't send. Bet they weren't when I first began emailing about the problem Mad.gif

I rushed out and managed to get a copy of May 2007 (Volume 29, Issue 4) from the magazine shop ROFL.gif but they've out of stock of April issue.

This same thing happened to me. I received a reply saying they would send a copy but it would take 6 weeks. 6 weeks later send an e-mail and they say they'll send one and to wait 6 weeks. 6 weeks later the entire process repeated. 4th time they say they are out.

I don't understand what is going on with their customer service... pretty poor.

I saw them on the rack at Barnes & Noble yesterday if you've got one of those handy.

I'll do a search for locations in this area, thanks for the info. I know they used to have some of those stores around and haven't seen one in a while.

I missed June and when I called they said they were out. They sort of indicated that there may have been some sort of shortage or problem. Dontknow.gif

Anyway I ordered the electronic (Zinio) copy and they extended my subscription a month.

Deke

I don't understand what is going on with their customer service... pretty poor.

I really enjoy the magazines but have had nothing but trouble with the subscription. After having missed a few at the newsagents where they held very limited shelf stock, there being about a 6-8 week delay compared to subscribing and the price saving I decided to subscribe. Subscribed Feb or March 06 and began receiving mag. All great I thought until mid year they sent me the BBG and other issue that predated my subscription ! I then noticed my subscription expiry date was Jan 07. After completing the form on their website a few times and a few other emails I got it revised to March 07 i.e. a full 12 months from when I subscribed.

Yippee, all ok and I resubscribed back in Feb even though I never received a reminder or anything (oddly I received a resubscription offer approx 3 weeks ago which included offer of 2 years price to get 3 years).

But then around early April this year noticed via the website I'd missed April, then later May issue. Filled in their online form 3 times, approx 1-2 weeks apart but got nothing. Fortunately I'd printed them as 'insurance' so scanned and resent once again but this time cc'd them to the editor, sales manager etc listed in the fornt of the magazine. Next day got a response saying sorry and expect receipt in 4-5 weeks. But nothing so resent that email back twice last week only to receive yesterdays email saying I wouldn't be getting them. But get this, they were going to extend my subscription until March 08. Doh, it's already paid unitl March 08 ! So another emial to them yesterday asking them to confirm what going on and requested they extend my subscription to include April and May 08 since my subscription was already to March 08.

Re the subscription offer received 3 weeks ago, I'm still holding onto it. Was unsure if I should give two years cash to a company with histiry of poor service. I'm thinking maybe I'll revert to a standing order at the local newagents. Admittedly I'll get my magazines about 2 months lates and will pay around double the price but at least I'm more likely to get them.

Here is the quick rundown. Cut own right, turn, cross wake, turn left, repeat. Shorten Rope. Get in Boat. Go home. ROFL.gif

quote]

Here is the quick rundown. Cut own right, turn, cross wake, turn left, repeat. Shorten Rope. Get in Boat. Go home. ROFL.gif

Auto, you've got a VLX so you're a wakeboarder right ? Wakeboarding is that easy however slalom is an art form and requires much more dedication Tease.gif

Auto, you've got a VLX so you're a wakeboarder right ? Wakeboarding is that easy however slalom is an art form and requires much more dedication Tease.gif

I know. I was busting yours and all of the ballchasers chops, I did 3 event in college. Biggrin.gif

Very strangely the missing April issue arrived in mail yesterday. They were out of stock ??? Now wondering if I'll get the missing May issue sometime !

Anyway I'm really pleased to receive it as along with the local newsagent brought May issue completes my set but have to wonder how the publishers (or distributer ?) stay in business.

Edited by uk_exile

I don't know about dedication, I would say more practice and strenght. Just like any other sport, it's to what level you want to take it too, getting up on a wakeboard is much easier than getting up on a slalom ski. But once your up on a wakeboard it does take some talent to stay up and then you add the trick factor Biggrin.gif . I think I understand the wakeboarding side of it. You can do more tricks wakeboarding and if you haven't ever done either my bet would be a beginner would have more fun on a wakeboard.

I on the other hand am just starting out wakeboarding and have found both to be equally fun, slalom is more satifying to me right now though.

I do both. To me wakeboarding is all about fun and slalom is all about the challenge

Yeah, I hear you. I think slalom is more about precision and form. Wakeboarding is more like your out there break dancing Biggrin.gif But we're lucky do be able to do anything.