Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VTX owners

tmacwake

You should go left then right so you can see your rider when going around them. my 2¢

I'm not sure I understand the difference between going left then right vs. going right then right. How is the rider more visible by going left when doing your turnaround?

Plus1.gif

WG- It's what I was taught from driving on a Private Lake. You always should do a figure 8 pattern to keep your line straight so you stay on the same line when you pull the rider back up.

I see what you're saying & in an ideal environment like that, that makes sense. I think most people won't have the opportunity to be in that situation & out on open water it matters less IMO, the safety of the rider & those in the boat take precedence & sometimes turning the other way is more correct given the situation at hand. JMO of course.

I also prefer the left/right figure eight turn-around. In addition the things already mentioned it also sets the rope up better for the rider to grab............

I actually think it is more valuable on open water where rollers travel a long distance. I also notice that it keeps your boat in a smaller footprint going firectly to the rider where there is less likely to be boat traffic. If there is that much traffic that you have to power turn to keep your rider safe, it's time to pop a cold one and hang out. JMO

I actually think it is more valuable on open water where rollers travel a long distance. I also notice that it keeps your boat in a smaller footprint going firectly to the rider where there is less likely to be boat traffic. If there is that much traffic that you have to power turn to keep your rider safe, it's time to pop a cold one and hang out. JMO

How would you know? You don't own a boat. Tongue.gif

I agree, if it's that busy that you have to power turn to keep the fallen rider safe, it's almost not worth it.

Funny thing about what the OP was asking about. I was talking with a Malibu person the other day about the differences in the new V25 hull (such as what the 247 has) vs. the old V25 (current VLX & 23' LSV). I was specifically asking about the sides & what that may or may not do to (or for) the performance of the boat. I was told that the changes have little or nothing to do with the wake quality or shape, & that it's all for the look of the boat as well as the ride quality. I was also told specifically that it was to keep the "scoopability" of the bow to more of a minimum, to make it harder to turn the boat into a submarine. Now, I find it very easy to chili dip my bow & I can't imagine it being easier, but I was told by this person that he has to work to dip the bow on his VTX. So I find the whole thing sort of interesting & I'll be curious to hear what other VTX owners have to say.

I have the VTX - unfortunately, I have been out only once because I have been out of town since the day after I picked it up.

If you feel that the time to plane is slow, you need to re-prop. My dealer ordered mine with a ACME 1235 prop, and it planes fast. I think it planes as fast as my 99 SSLxi. The 20' LSV (same boat without the ballast) that I test drove had a prop that was pitched much too high and the time to plane was slow.

As far as dipping the nose - it seems to be harder to dip the nose on this boat than on my SSLxi, but hard to say at this point. Also, I do not have the bow ballast in mine, I'm sure that makes it much more likely.