Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Locker netting coming off

chathamsolutions

I've got an '04 LSV. The piece that holds the netting to the locker door has come off. Whenever I reach into the netting it comes off. Obviously not an engineering breakthrough.

I was planning on putting just a bit of gorilla glue in each of the holes and letting it dry - gorilla glue is waterproof, and I figured it would hold the plastic on plastic as good as anything.

Anyone else dealt successfully with this?

post-9-1182224204_thumb.jpg

I never have used the netting anywhere on the boat but I still had the same problem that you do.

I did the Gorilla glue thing and closed the locker on a 2x4 I laid across the opening to put direct pressure on the glued area. no more problems.

Yeah, I don't even bother using my netting because I know it just won't hold up. Let's face it - it's just for looks.

The one time someone did try to use the netting it pulled right out. I pulled off that piece and was amazed at how Malibu attaches the netting - with about 1,000,000 staples. I re-stapled the thing with another 1,000,000 ss staples and just make sure no one touches it.

I would think that coming up with some other scheme wouldn't cost any more and would potentially even save some time during assembly given the number of staples they use for each piece of netting.

Oh, well.

Mike