Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2 SMALL PROBS

RECENTLY HAD OUT THE BU AND NOTICED THAT AFTER PUTTING ON A NEW ALTERNATOR - THE PULLEY ON THE ALT HAS WORN THRU THE EXHAUST HOSE HEADING OUT THE BACK OF THE BOAT. IT WAS NOT TOUCHING WHEN THE ALT GOT PUT ON, BUT SOMEHOW IS NOW. SO - OF COURSE, NOW WATER LEAKS UP THE HOSE AND INTO THE BILGE WHEN SETTING STILL IN THE WATER. ANYWAY, DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS HOSE IS 3", 3.5", OR 4" HOSE? AND HOW LONG DO I NEED?

OTHER QUICK QUESTION - WHILE RUNNING LATE IN THE DAY BACK TO THE TRUCK, THE BOAT ALL OF A SUDDEN LOST POWER. KEPT RUNNING BUT CUT POWER AND SOUNDED ALL GROSS. STOPPED, IDLED FINE. HIT THROTTLE AGAIN - EVERYTHING FINE TIL ABOUT 3000 RPM THEN LOST POWER AGAIN. MOTOR THEN BACKFIRED AND LET A PUFF OF BLACK SMOKE. WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK THIS MAY BE. I AM THINKING EITHER FUEL FILTER, PUMP, OR ENGINE TEMP SENSOR? NOT TOO SURE THO.

RECENTLY HAD OUT THE BU AND NOTICED THAT AFTER PUTTING ON A NEW ALTERNATOR - THE PULLEY ON THE ALT HAS WORN THRU THE EXHAUST HOSE HEADING OUT THE BACK OF THE BOAT. IT WAS NOT TOUCHING WHEN THE ALT GOT PUT ON, BUT SOMEHOW IS NOW. SO - OF COURSE, NOW WATER LEAKS UP THE HOSE AND INTO THE BILGE WHEN SETTING STILL IN THE WATER. ANYWAY, DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS HOSE IS 3", 3.5", OR 4" HOSE? AND HOW LONG DO I NEED?

OTHER QUICK QUESTION - WHILE RUNNING LATE IN THE DAY BACK TO THE TRUCK, THE BOAT ALL OF A SUDDEN LOST POWER. KEPT RUNNING BUT CUT POWER AND SOUNDED ALL GROSS. STOPPED, IDLED FINE. HIT THROTTLE AGAIN - EVERYTHING FINE TIL ABOUT 3000 RPM THEN LOST POWER AGAIN. MOTOR THEN BACKFIRED AND LET A PUFF OF BLACK SMOKE. WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK THIS MAY BE. I AM THINKING EITHER FUEL FILTER, PUMP, OR ENGINE TEMP SENSOR? NOT TOO SURE THO.

Are you certain you removed all the pieces from the old impeller that had been causing the overheating issue? The hose should be specific to the Malibu boat as they come with the bends already in them.

OK - dug into the prob a little deeper last night. Took out the boat and ran fine for about 20 minutes. Then the "bogging" problem struck again. Was just running along fine and then the engine just bogged down. Didn't quit, just lost power. Almost seems to be losing fuel, but not too sure. Once I put it in neutral for a minute, then took off fine for about 5 minutes and the bogged again. After about three attempts at this, it got to the point where it just seemed to limp along with little power. Any help w/ this would be greatly appreciated.

OK - dug into the prob a little deeper last night. Took out the boat and ran fine for about 20 minutes. Then the "bogging" problem struck again. Was just running along fine and then the engine just bogged down. Didn't quit, just lost power. Almost seems to be losing fuel, but not too sure. Once I put it in neutral for a minute, then took off fine for about 5 minutes and the bogged again. After about three attempts at this, it got to the point where it just seemed to limp along with little power. Any help w/ this would be greatly appreciated.

Fuel filters, both of them.

Fuel pump.

Does it make a difference if the fuel pump is not making any noise though? I figured that if it were going bad that it may make the infamous humming noise that fuel pumps are notorious for. It is not doing that. And also, i think i have seen the two filters. One near the tank before the pump attached to the wall of the boat and then one very near the fuel pump. Both look to be inline filters. One is threaded in line (the one near the pump) and the other is held on by clamps. Is this correct?

Does it make a difference if the fuel pump is not making any noise though? I figured that if it were going bad that it may make the infamous humming noise that fuel pumps are notorious for. It is not doing that. And also, i think i have seen the two filters. One near the tank before the pump attached to the wall of the boat and then one very near the fuel pump. Both look to be inline filters. One is threaded in line (the one near the pump) and the other is held on by clamps. Is this correct?

Correct on the filters. Change them both, they're cheap, and see what that does to/for you.