Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

SInking a 96 Sunsetter

Wakejoker

Has anybody got advice on where and how much ballast to use in a 96 Sunsetter direct drive? Also, has anybody come up with a way to empty sacs without losing water into the boat? Can you put a PCV valve for plumbing on the threaded fill holes? Let me know?

You can't do a PCV valve but you can do a PVC valve. You just have to glue a threaded fitting onto the valve and your good to go. I did something similar on my boat last year so I could use my locker sack in the back for surfing. It will take more than 400 lbs to surf. I could go ropless for a minute or two behind our SLXi with 400 lbs and wedge but it was like a foot off the swim platform. Get going a bit fast and look out transom.

You might be able to stick a sack in your storage since it is a SLX vs. the SLXi.

When I surfed behind a '97 SLX we have a 750 laid width wise behind the engine and two 500lbs. on one side. The wedge didn't seem to help much if at all, but another 500 up front might helpto lengthen out the wake.

In jour 95 Sunsetter we put 2 550's next to the engine, a 360 in the locker, and drop the wedge. When you add your friends and/or family, you should get a great wake.

When we surf, we put the rear seat up on the rear arm rests, the 2 550's in the back port corner, the locker sac, and drop the wedge. We also have a couple of the people sit on that side. Works great.

I used PVC hose connections.

post-144-1182580660_thumb.jpg

750 rear, 500 each side, 250 in locker, 350 in walkway. for surfing, move the 500 to the other side an pull the 350down the walkway towards the passenger side.

750 rear, 500 each side, 250 in locker, 350 in walkway. for surfing, move the 500 to the other side an pull the 350down the walkway towards the passenger side.

Man thats a lot of work. Good thing you sold your DD, now some one else needs to jump on that band wagon. Whistling.gif

Man thats a lot of work. Good thing you sold your DD, now some one else needs to jump on that band wagon. Whistling.gif

I wonder whom that is.

we ran 550 ish on each side of the engine pushed back to the rear seat. Another 400 in the walkway toward the front. Would have liked to have had more but there wasn't much walk room this way, we just had a fly high so there were boards all over. It was a mess!