Sign in to follow this  
eubanks

Stained vinyl!

eubanks

We had our first long weekend with the new ride over Memorial Weekend. The boat is amazing and we couldn't be happier!

Unfortunately though we noticed yesterday that there is a rather large pinked stained area on the driver's seat. There were a couple of us with red in our swim suits but both had been washed previously. I'm guessing that is where the stain came from though but I'm not positive.

Either way, our handy Magic Eraser or 3M wouldn't do the job. Any other suggestions? I often hear to let it sit in the sun...Is that the only option?

chathamsolutions

With your brand new boat do you have a brand new Hyperlite wakeboard?

HL is having a spell of bad dye lots with their boards. Reportedly the dye is bleeding blue - or dark colors. Never heard of red.

Check this thread: WSR thread

Web

Had a pair on orange board shorts on and it did the same thing. Nothing cleaned it off. It just went away after about a week.

actionadd

I had my new vest stain my rear deck vinly blue and my new replament HL Bylery stain my vinly this weekend; not only do I have a devil on my wakeboard I have one on my vinly. Cry.gif Hopefully is will go away in a few weeks. If not HL and rip curl will be getting a call.

eubanks

I've heard that thing about the Hyperlite boards, but that isn't it. It's only on the "butt" on the drivers seat. It's just strange because eveyone the people that had on red were sitting in more than just the driver's seat but that is the only place that is stained. Hmm....

Any other suggestions?

gooddog

Some cheap life vests stained my vinyl in the same way when I first got the boat. I was freaked and tried to clean it off without success. Then the next week I was looking for the stain and couldn't find any trace of it. It just went away on its own. The same thing happened with red toe nail polish...tried to clean it but couldn't and it went away but took a little longer.

Woober

My wife got a new red bathing suit a few weeks ago. Everywhere she sat had a nice pink stain on it (about 5 different spots). She freaked out, and tried everything possible to clean it. Nothing worked. After this weekend out all the stains are gone except the drivers seat.