Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

05 mirror

LSV Footin

:( Does anyone know where I can get a replacement mirror for my 05 Sunscape. I was lowering my tower on the weekend and you know what happened. I am scared to see what Malibu will charge for a mirror, I think if I can get the convexed mirror I can just replace that.

I'm not sure on the 05's, but on my 02 it came with a CIPA mirror. You can get those just about anywhere that sells ski mirrors. Try Overtons.com.

JV

My '04' came with the CIPA mirror ... I never mounted it. It is 7" x 14" with the brackets for the rounded windshield top.

If it is what you want, I have it for $50 plus shipping. PM me or just post here and I will get back to you.

This is also a good source for mirrors: http://www.allaboutfishing.com/store/produ...ategoryID=61103

/Steve

DUDE!!!!, I did the same exact thing to mine last week. It should be a CIPA 7"x 14". I thought the same thing as you and I actually found that CIPA offered to send me the replacement glass for free!. I did a web search for CIPA and found a contact # for customer service. The lady was real nice.

If that doesn't work I found another site called vision view mirrors that sells just the glass for 20$ plus shipping.

Replacing the glass is really easy, just pull off the rubber gaket and it's just siliconed to the plastic in afew spots.

Your dealer should be able to just order the glass that fits. I had my glass fall out and crack one day and they ordered me up some new glass from cipa.

I had a handle recoil and hit my CIPA mirror. Glass everywhere, what a pain, but for about $20 CIPA sent me out the replacement glass. It's an easy fix.

hi i've still got 10 weeks before my vlx is delivered ,How does the tower hit the mirror? obviously as you said when lowering it ,does it come to rest on top of the windscreen? r we talking about the illusion x tower? reason ime asking to get the bu into my garage the tower will have to come down each time,r they difficult to fold down?

hi i've still got 10 weeks before my vlx is delivered ,How does the tower hit the mirror? obviously as you said when lowering it ,does it come to rest on top of the windscreen? r we talking about the illusion x tower? reason ime asking to get the bu into my garage the tower will have to come down each time,r they difficult to fold down?

About the tower, ya they are kindof a pain in the a** to put down. When you are folding down the illusion the mirror has a way of getting in the way.

If I had known it was such a p.i.t.a I would have gotten a different tower.