Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Props Who's running what on what?

Faceplant409

I seem to remember a thread that someone listed who was running what prop on what boat. Maybe it was far back enough to be on the MBO board.... I could not find it here...

I added 750's to my Monsoon VLX and was sadly disappointed with the prop (stock 537 Cry.gif ). Took forever to plane and the hole shot was non existent. I think I had the bags a little too full for wakeboarding though... Biggrin.gif

I had A LOT of bow rise so I guess I need something in the bow along with the prop... (hmmm.. pop bags or water under the bow filler cushion???)

Anyway I was thinking about an Acme 1235.

Any thoughts for or against????

Thanks, Pat

I seem to remember a thread that someone listed who was running what prop on what boat. Maybe it was far back enough to be on the MBO board.... I could not find it here...

I added 750's to my Monsoon VLX and was sadly disappointed with the prop (stock 537 Cry.gif ). Took forever to plane and the hole shot was non existent. I think I had the bags a little too full for wakeboarding though... Biggrin.gif

I had A LOT of bow rise so I guess I need something in the bow along with the prop... (hmmm.. pop bags or water under the bow filler cushion???)

Anyway I was thinking about an Acme 1235.

Any thoughts for or against????

Thanks, Pat

Buy yourself the Pro-X integrated bow sack http://www.wakeside.com/page/w/PROD/wakebo...ed_bow_sac_w711

It doesn't matter what prop you have, if all the weight is in the back, it will bow rise and be hard to plane. We have the Bow sack, center MLS, and 2 400 pounders in the back with an OJ 475 and it's pretty good, not amazing time to plane. Definitely a huge improvement with the prop. If the bow sack isn't full, it bow rises and takes a long time to plane.

We added separate pumps on a T fitting for the front and added another pump and thru-hull to the port side for drain so it's just like factory. Works great!

I think that NVBoarder has the OJ 468 on his boat & that may be a better match for the Monsoon than the 475 is. It's pretty good out of the hole, much better than a stock VLX with the Acme 537.

D-Goose runs a 475 on his 03 VLX and we all know how he ways his boat down....... Anyway, after much prop testing he is Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif over the 475 on his boat.

Faceplant might want to PM him on that. The group buy for Acme is over, but I believe the group buy for OJ is still running.

I didn't realize that, of course his is the smaller VLX like Pat's so that's a better apples for apples comparison. I sure liked the 475 on mine, but I've got more cubes along with more weight & surface area to push.

I have a 2007 WakesetterLSV this time and ran an Acme #1235 (14.5 X 14.25) BIG difference, worth every penny.you'll loose top end ,boat runs WOT @ around mid 30MPH depending on Ballast or not.

Running a 1235 on our '06 VLX

We run 2800lbs and less of ballast. The 1235 was a great investment over the stock prop! came on recomendation from the guys with an '05 at wakeside. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT