Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perfect Pass Q

My '05 VRide w/ Monsoon 340 has Perfect Pass. When I put the key in the full counter-clockwise direction (stereo only position) perfect pass is powered. Is this correct? I would have thought that it would only be powered when the boat is actually running.

I ask because when the gauge is on, so is the servo motor, and the heat sink gets quite hot, which ultimately will accelerate the rate of battery drain when floating and listening to just the stereo.

Thoughts, comments? Does yours work the same way? Thanks...

My '05 VRide w/ Monsoon 340 has Perfect Pass. When I put the key in the full counter-clockwise direction (stereo only position) perfect pass is powered. Is this correct? I would have thought that it would only be powered when the boat is actually running.

I ask because when the gauge is on, so is the servo motor, and the heat sink gets quite hot, which ultimately will accelerate the rate of battery drain when floating and listening to just the stereo.

I'm not sure how they are supposed to be wired but I changed mine to run off one of the accessory switches. That way PP is on when I want it one, works fine for me.

I don't know if it should or not but mine works the exact same way. That makes me think it must be normal.

Does the servo still on when PP is turned off? I guess I don't sit and listen to just the stereo enough for it to be a significant issue.

Mine is also wired like this... one would assume that is how the factory does it?

Can anyone tell me how to rewire my PP. It now powers up with the iginition turned to "accessory" and I would prefer it to come on only with main power...when the engine is running. What color of wire is the lead that provides power to the PP (or is it labled somewhere), as well what color wire is the power / switch lead that provides power when the ignition switch that I need to have it connected to?

I installed a new sub woofer this weekend and the instructions suggested that I should break it in for 20 hours without cranking up the volume to loud. So, I just powered up with the accessory switch, hooked up a battery charger and left the stereo on all night long at low to medium volume. So, I read the threads today and sure enough, my PP was powered up the whole time. I hope I didn't do any damage by having it powered up that long. Anyone have that problem before? :unsure:

Wire your stereo to a switch on the dash or bypass all of your dash and run it to a constant hot. Now you don't have to mess with the PP or your key when you want tunes. Now if you want the stereo on when you sitting on the swim deck you just hit the remote and no more messing with keys or switches. :)

Mine is also wired like this... one would assume that is how the factory does it?

Can anyone tell me how to rewire my PP. It now powers up with the iginition turned to "accessory" and I would prefer it to come on only with main power...when the engine is running. What color of wire is the lead that provides power to the PP (or is it labled somewhere), as well what color wire is the power / switch lead that provides power when the ignition switch that I need to have it connected to?

I looked at the wiring layout today. Assuming that our boats are the same. It is a very easy job (5-10 minutes) to re-wire the PP so that it is only powered with the boat running.

Heres how:

1) Unscrew the black plastic ring on the ignition switch(where the key plugs in/viewed from the drivers seat)

2) from behind the dash remove the ignition cylinder

3) there are several terminals on the backside of the ignition cylinder.

4) Locate the terminal with multiple purple wires attached to it (and only purple wires).

5) Then locate the terminal with one purple and one white wire attached to it.

6) Take the single purple wire (from Step 5) and reunite it with its other purple friends on the "Purple wire" terminal (from Step 4).

7) Done!

The white wire (from step 5) is the Stereo power lead for the ACC position, may be a different color on different boats. The purple wire from step 5 has a thin white stripe on it. You will need a crimp connector to complete the job.

Picture of the "crimp connector," use the circular ones at the center of the picture to screw them to the ignition cylinder terminal...

pRS1C-2265812w345.jpg

Edited by JAGMAN

Completed this weekend. 10 Minutes start to finish. Only powered when key is in run/on. Works as it should now.