Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sweet 6am water...

spinxt

I forgot how nice it is to get up at 6am and get out on the water before everyone else is even thinking of waking up. We had no wind/ no boats until 10:45 this morning. It was butter. Sometimes I have to talk myself into waking up that early, but every time I do it's some of the best skiing there is.

Surprised.gif

We were on the lake and ready for the first set at 8AM this morning (it’s a small lake, so we like to let everyone sleep for a little while!). Had it all to our selves for several hours, and it was glass the entire time.

Its gona be a good summer!!

Clap.gif

Ya I am sitting on the porch last part of a good cup of coffee dog is next to my chair and my hands aching from the morning ski. It doesn't get much better. the lake is getting busy now so it time to watch the show.

Thumbup.gifThumbup.gifThumbup.gif

:) Skied all morning with Spack911 out at Englebright. Had good water all morning and didn't have to get up at 5:30 to get it. Clap.gif

Working a half-day on Wednesday and off on Thursday so we're heading back for more glass and some camping. Thumbup.gif I'll rip some up for you guys. Biggrin.gif

I've completely given up on weeknights on our lake. I have to leave work early to get there and there are always a handful of jetskis, a bunch of guys in big boats doing victory laps, a tuber or too and some yahoo is always in there power turning and driving circles. It's worse than a weekend

I've completely given up on weeknights on our lake. I have to leave work early to get there and there are always a handful of jetskis, a bunch of guys in big boats doing victory laps, a tuber or too and some yahoo is always in there power turning and driving circles. It's worse than a weekend

How about the last 30-45 minutes of daylight? Do the wallies go away or do they stay and create havoc until the very end?

How about the last 30-45 minutes of daylight? Do the wallies go away or do they stay and create havoc until the very end?

That's what we do towards this time of the year when it gets warmer, we go out later in the day 5pm look for some good spots and wait until about 6:30-7 when everyone starts to pull out and go home. We get things done in the morning around the house, ski the best water and drive home at night Yahoo.gif Figured this out years ago, we don't even go to the lakes anymore unless it's for camping and getting away from the city life.

We've found the mornings to be much better than the evenings as well. Our local lake was almost deserted yesterday morning. Thumbup.gif By later in the day, as people start getting off work, it gets more and more crowded.

Spent the whole weekend on the private lake w/ the Norcal Crew!..conditions perfect for me compared to my local zoo. Now I swear those buoys were moving on me...lol

You know they were, they were still moving from me falling on everyone of them LOL.

We found a small club near where we normally ski and I didn't want to join because I didn't like the close quarters but after this last weekend, I realize what ever time I can get out there and run the course even if it's only a couple of times a weekend I'll become more familiar with it, I really need the practice. It's out of the way and the water is like glass....we'll see what it looks like this weekend.

Edited by 68Slalom
before sunset on a weeknight you might get 10 minutes but even then it's just luck.

That makes owning a boat much harder, sorry to hear that :unsure:

It's not so bad, I work 2 hours from where the boat is so it's rare I ride on weeknights. The lake is slow no wake from sunset until 8:00am, so on weekends the first rider is in the water at 8:00 in the summer, we're usually off the lake by 10:30-11:00 as it's a mad house by then. Spring and fall we dry suit it and can ride whenever we want!

Edwin, Galaxytoad, SGY and myself just got through with several days of early morning runs at TableRock lake. Most mornings were a complete blast skiing and such great company. With so much laughing and bantering going on from the boat, good scores were tough to come by. Thursday morning was really cool because a fog had come over the lake and eventually stalled us becuase we couldnt' see anything.

Lots of fun!

Early mornings are the only way to go! GT and I are usually chasing bouys by 0545 in the summer. As soon as we can see all the way down the course, we are rippin it. No people, no wind (usually), and untouched H2O. "It's the second best thing to do in the morning" (Galaxy Toad)

Rockon.gif

I am pretty lucky I guess. I live on a public lake and we usually ski the course 3-4 mornings a week at 7:00AM. By 8:15 I am back at my desk in my home office at work. Afternoons sometimes I sneak out early and take my kids for a ski then I work again around 9 for a couple of hours after the kids are in bed.

i agree with the early sets! it's usually one cup of coffee, a bowl of oatmeal, let the f-350 idle for a couple minutes and then 5 minutes to our little, local lake. we're about an hour west of minneapolis/st. paul and the lake is already crazy warm. the lake has maybe one other fisherman and a few old timers sipping coffee out on their docks.

0-36, straight-line, 36-0. Discuss ipod playlist, play music for one or two songs, exchange ski and repeat.

by the time my brother and I get back around the house the kids are waking up, the weekend to-do list comes out and we have a s***ty-grin on our faces because our forearms, backs and legs are totally fried, well, fried at least until we go again later that evening...

ya, winter in Minnesota can be brutal, but the summers... Thumbup.gif