Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

21.5 or 23 .... 2005 ???

goochy

but the 23 footer has to better than my 2001 VLX ?? and is the 2006 VLX worth no more summer this year ??? ( no boat ) and MORE money ?? ( 2006 price increase ) I can get the 2005 LSV 23 ft wakesetter , SAT !! for the same price or less than the 2006 VLX . And I'll be at the lake Sat !!!! What to do ?????? wait and pay more, or pay less get bigger boat and be riding Sat with new boat ??

:( not made up yet, but the price is twisting my arm, and I hate to wait !!! Mad.gif Dealer has sold his July 6 th 2006 build date, so I would get a Aug build slot !! I just hate not having a boat. Is the 23 ft wake that bad ?? I rode behing one 2 weeks ago and it was sweet . But we are not pros....... the wife just wants a HUGE smooth ramp, nothing with a kicker, just a BIG I mean BIG Ramp !!! Surprised.gif

You can't add all that extra space/capacity to a VLX but in the 23 you don't have to use it if you don't want to. It takes a pretty large space to store the 23'. The VLX will handle better in tight spaces and low speeds but it is not an issue on the 23' once you get familiar with it. I don't think you would be disappointed with either wake, its all about the space available. My preference is definately the 23', when you get a lot of people onboard there is still a lot of room to move around in the boat. The most important thing though is get what you want.

Building a boat shed soon, so thats no problem 30x30 metal building. I think the 23 ft drove really good in small tight places. I'll know Sat , once I see the boat .

I think this thread is making me sea sick! up and up, back and forth! Vomit.gif

I'm stoked for you that you are almost to the end of the ride. You'll love the LSV and I was torn between the two as well. I've ridden on several since I got my VLX and I think the handling is very close. The only reason I got the VLX is because I never have more than 8 in the boat, if I did I would have the LSV.

Stay with the LSV, you can't be boatless this summer.

Have fun and post pics when you get it.

I vote for you to get whatever YOU [and the CFO] want. That being said I would have to vote for the 23 Wakesetter LSV. We love the room in the boat and I would say it handles as well, if not better than the VLX! Honestly, the bow rise was less in the LSV as compared to the VLX when we demoed them both this year...the dealer actually pointed that out as well. The 23 really does not drive like a big boat which many friends have commented on once they've had some time behind the wheel of our new boat.

Also, lots of people say you don't need the extra room unless you're running crews of 10 or whatever all the time. I completely disagree. Even when we only have 4-5 people, it is so nice to strectch out and have all that interior space as well as extra storage.

If you worried about the wake...don't be. There is a reason why Shapiro and others have chosen the LSV. It's the same hull shape so the wake is pretty much identical. I will say that the "stock" VLX wake is much bigger than the "stock" (ballast and wedge) wake in the LSV, but nothing that is going to make a big difference. Adding just a couple of people makes a world of difference for some reason. I can tell a significant increase in the wake size just by going from a crew of one to a crew of three. Sure HUGE wakes are fun, but if one "needs" more wake than the stock LSV puts out then there are definitely issues with technique. (Please all take this comment kindly!)

So we sacrified a little bit of wake size (can be a non-issue with extra ballast or people) to gain so much more in space and comfort.

- My HSO for the day...

I have been behind both a 05 LSV and 05 VLX. I had my choice late last year and stuck with the LSV. We like the extra room, and LSV handles chop/waves better. Last week in Havasu the lake was pretty rough and I was hapy I had the 23.

You can't go wrong with either one.

Biggrin.gif Thanks guys for all the GREAT info !!!!!! :) I liked laying out in the 23 too !! I'm 5'9 and still had room !!! Its just HUGE Surprised.gif Do yall run all four tanks and the wedge ?? I want to run STOCK ballast olny NO MORE FAT SACKS !!!!! Yahoo.gif

Gooch,

I know you know how I run mine, but just to toss in my two cents. I run mine with bow, both rear and wedge down. No floor. The only time I fill the floor is when we had the additional 350lbs sacs on each side of the rear.

Gooch,

Go with the 23. Like several people have said, the extra room is the only way to go. Plus what do you care about a little more wake? You're a foiler!

I tried to upload some pictures to my gallery, but the file size is too large. There is a picture on my avatar, but it's kinda small.

I'll try to E-mail you a couple of pictures of it.