Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

boat seat covers

jhoward556

Hello my name is jason howard and am looking for three or four peolple with lsv 23 2001 . i am looking to get some boat seat covers made and spoke with the owner of the company and he does not have a template to do our seats he said that if i could get afew more people he would be interested . they are kind of pricy but so is a 50,000 dollar boat so what is a couple hundred to keep it nice . the web site to check out is http://www.primalmp.com/index.html. this is no joke is anyone out there that loves there boat as much as i do. thanks jason ps email him and tell him your situation and that you heard it from jason howard.

If he's in business why doesn't he already have the size and shape for our 'bu's? I would be interested but I'm not willing to hand over a bunch of seats to someone I don't know.

Edited by vlx wakesetter

I know Mark at Primal, and I helped him get the VLX covers made.

Stand up guy.... and will get the job done. Each boat is different, and I am sure he makes them by demand.

Do they stain the seat at all? I can imagine with the dyes in the covers you may get a little bleed form sitting in the sun and getting wet all the time. Post some pics of what they look like I'd be curious to see them on. Thanks

Basically they are made of beach towel material,and they won't bleed if you wash them a couple of times before you use them. We always get in and out thru thru the back, so the covers definately save your vinyl.

post-81-1182006428_thumb.jpg

• 10 months later...

Bump.gif

Spoke to Mark today and he seems to be an upstanding guy and ensures me that FADE has never been an issue in the 3 years he has been in business. Just said that he suggested taking them and rinsing them 3X and then dry on LOW heat...then you should be good to go.

Pretty expensive, but if you consider the R&D and hand sewn craftsmanship that he puts into the fitment, etc...it is likely worth it. Think I will pull the trigger and just do it. I am going to do the Bow and Midship package for my 2004 LSV. Thumbup.gifWhistling.gifThumbup.gif

Hi Everyone,

I just to add a corerction to something mentioned above. There is a difference between color fade and die transfer. The sun will always fade color in any material. Our towles, however, have a bleach and peroxide resistant die that resists fading. The light gray fades to ligher gray. The dark gray fades to a lighter dark gray, etc. Towels bought from a store w/o the die resistance fade to strange colors like gray to green, black to brown, etc. That is why we don't buy our towels from a store.

Die transfer is a whole other story. The towels we use has been rinsed and dried one time before shipping but we reccomend that users run the covers through 3 rinse cycles to get any remaing die out of the towels and the thread used to make the seat covers. We have not had any complaints of die transfer to vinyl... if we did, we would be out of buisiness!!!

Cost of new vinyl depends on if you do it yourself. Matreials alone will run about $2000 and intallatioin around $1000. My seat covers offer more than just protecting the vinyl. Ask anyone you know who has them and they will tell you cleaning your vinyl gets incredibly much easier because you don't have to do it!!!

If anyone has any questions, please email me at [email protected]

Mark

Mark,

I'm not trying to be a butt .....but if your going to pimp your product on TheCrew shouldn't you pony up the little cash to help support it... Thumbup.gif .....by the way looks like a nice product may have to look into this a little more

Hi Everyone,

I just to add a corerction to something mentioned above. There is a difference between color fade and die transfer. The sun will always fade color in any material. Our towles, however, have a bleach and peroxide resistant die that resists fading. The light gray fades to ligher gray. The dark gray fades to a lighter dark gray, etc. Towels bought from a store w/o the die resistance fade to strange colors like gray to green, black to brown, etc. That is why we don't buy our towels from a store.

Die transfer is a whole other story. The towels we use has been rinsed and dried one time before shipping but we reccomend that users run the covers through 3 rinse cycles to get any remaing die out of the towels and the thread used to make the seat covers. We have not had any complaints of die transfer to vinyl... if we did, we would be out of buisiness!!!

Cost of new vinyl depends on if you do it yourself. Matreials alone will run about $2000 and intallatioin around $1000. My seat covers offer more than just protecting the vinyl. Ask anyone you know who has them and they will tell you cleaning your vinyl gets incredibly much easier because you don't have to do it!!!

If anyone has any questions, please email me at [email protected]

Mark

Rob,

I'm not sure what you are asking. Does "Crew Supporter" mean you give money to the site? I am not familiar with the site... I only log on now then to see what is being discussed as it pertains to my product.

Mark

I just tried multiple times to give this site money, but the link to PayPal isn't working :[ !!! I can log in directly to PP, but through this site it logs me in but it gets hung up... not sure what is going on.

-UJ

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.gif For Great Service! Got an email from Mark yesterday...the covers are already ready to roll and being shipping today! Should be here by next weekend, when I hope to get the Bu' out first time this season. This has been a real busy Spring and uncharacteristically wet and cold for us here in AR. So there has been debris in the water also. Hoping to get the stereo upgrades completed, seat covers ready to roll and Yahoo.gif

Will report back once I get them,

Edited by WaveMake'nLSV