Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LED bulbs for anchor and bow lights?

dalt1

Been checking several websites to replace my bow and anchor lights to led bulbs and can't tell exactly which will work good if any. Has anyone made the swap, and know what works good without me having to do the trial and error thing? It looks like they should shine in a 360 degree circle to work good and that makes choices limited. Most LED shine only in 1 direction not all around like incandecent bulbs that shine out all sides of the bulb.

Thanks

Your right, they are real directional. I installed some in the daytime running lights of my '03 GMC & they did not light up the whole lense like stock bulbs, they just lit a 1" circle in the center of the lense.

I have this bulb in our anchor lights, (194),

and this 6 bulb festoon in the bow.

The only problem that I've seen is the green side of the bow light looks to be more of a blue /green light now.

I have this bulb in our anchor lights, (194),

and this 6 bulb festoon in the bow.

The only problem that I've seen is the green side of the bow light looks to be more of a blue /green light now.

Anchor light seem to be bright enough?

I have the 194 5LED Matrix Bulbs in both the tower and stern anchor lights, both have clear lens. I would say the light is just as bright as the standard bulb. The 194 SMT should be great.

I have a couple of lights like these under the swim platform with 6 of the super bright LED's in each of them, lights the water up pretty good.

I have the 194 5LED Matrix Bulbs in both the tower and stern anchor lights, both have clear lens. I would say the light is just as bright as the standard bulb. The 194 SMT should be great.

I have a couple of lights like these under the swim platform with 6 of the super bright LED's in each of them, lights the water up pretty good.

How are you getting power to the lights under the platform?

The power is run through the transom. I have them mounted next to the exhaust.

From the options page, "If you are looking to increase your boat glow on the water opt for Malibu’s new bright white Malibu LEDs mounted on the transom beneath the swimstep. Perfect for a late night swim or just turning a few more heads."

I may upgrade to this light from Abyss.