Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Picture of Factory Stock Bimini?

Does anyone have a picture of a 'stock' bimini on a model year 2000 direct drive (response, sportster, sunsetter)? I have ordered two 'factory stock' biminis from Great Lakes for a Response LX and Sportster LX. The only problem is, I don't really know what factory stock looks like for these boats (both boats purchased used). I am assuming it is a 3-bow frame arrangement. They are both windshield mount and apparently 22" tall. I imagine a factory bimini for a Response up to 2006 would also look the same.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Does anyone have a picture of a 'stock' bimini on a model year 2000 direct drive (response, sportster, sunsetter)? I have ordered two 'factory stock' biminis from Great Lakes for a Response LX and Sportster LX. The only problem is, I don't really know what factory stock looks like for these boats (both boats purchased used). I am assuming it is a 3-bow frame arrangement. They are both windshield mount and apparently 22" tall. I imagine a factory bimini for a Response up to 2006 would also look the same.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

We just sold our 2005 bimini. It is a 3 bow frame with straps that go to the hull. I have a picture from the 2005 brochure, if you pm me your address I'll send it to you.

Edited by mcmary

The diference you will see with the way I installed it vs David (AKA Chaboo, which is also how Malibu recommends), is I moved the strap hooks forward. The reason for this was to clear were my barefoot boom sits for the rear ones, and the front ones I moved forward because the angles of the straps looked funny du to the fact that I moved the rear hooks forward. For the rear hooks, I used the existing hole and screw from the screw that holds the windshield to the boat and just had to drill a hole in the windshield frame.

When your trace your hole for the Skylon, if you have one, make sure you can open the windshield door without the Bimini being in the way and make sure that you take in consideration that your Skylon will move forward about 1 1/2 to 2 inches when it is tightend.

• 3 months later...

Here is the link to a few pics of my 03 RLX. Actually I've been meaning to post about the bimini! I know alot of people with a skylon or skylon-type extended pylon also like to use their bimini and don't want to cut a hole in it. A friend of mine cut his hole and forgot that the pylon actually moves a little bit when someone is being pulled. that little bit of movement causes the bimini to rip. and once you get a small rip started, its very easy (especially on really windy days where the bimini will shake even a little bit) for that bimini to rip ALOT! ANYWAY... a good friend of mine does custom upholstery work for cars and whatnot. i told him what i wanted to do one day while he was on the boat with me and we came up with a good idea.....

my last malibu had the same color bimini that the 03 has. (grey). but it also had a snap on bow cover that was never used. when we sold the boat, i had forgotten all about it and i had found it in my boat house about 6 months after it was gone. That cover was just what he needed to have the current bimini perfectly done. he mad two patches out of the fabric from the bow cover (about 5x5 in.) cut a hole in the middle of the patch for the pylon (3 3/4 of an in i believe) then used more fabric to fold over and create edges on the inside of the hole, and on the outside of the patch itself. he cut the hole in the bimni, inserted the patch and sewed it down. its sturdy as can be, a perfect circle and honestly looks like it came that way from the factory! But if anybody would be interested in doing this let me know. You could ship me just your bimini (with out the poles) and i can get him to do the same job since we have PLENTY of extra fabric. just mark in pen where you would want the center of the hole done on the bimini and we'll get it fixed up! I don't have close up pics of it on the site, but i'll get the pics up friday night after i get off the boat.

2003 Response LX

our boat is a bit older, but here is a pic with the ss stantions in the rear and fint straps up front. It's quite a bit larger than the ones in the previous post and has great coverage. this is a pic of it folded up .

post-31-1191291574_thumb.jpg

Edited by G!!!!!!