Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MSRP for Options

Hack

Before I have detailed discussions with the dealer it would be helpful to know what is in the realm of possibility. Is there a place that lists the MSRP per upgrade? I know it varies based on where you are but I'm looking for ballpark estimates don't need to be exact.

Before I have detailed discussions with the dealer it would be helpful to know what is in the realm of possibility. Is there a place that lists the MSRP per upgrade? I know it varies based on where you are but I'm looking for ballpark estimates don't need to be exact.

Gonna bite the bullet, huh? The only place I've seen the cost of upgrades/options is on the sticker at the marina. Some of the dealer members here might be able to give you an idea, but costs vary depending on the location, so it's a tough thing to figure out. We'll be up Sat afternoon if you want to get a ride in behind my boat Sat evening.

Definitely looking to move at some point. There is a little bit of a disconnect between the wife and I right now as to when would be best to purchase. Let's just say there have been some threats made by her if I were to move without her signoff. Whistling.gif Anyway, I'll be test driving the one with the 383 this Saturday (I think). I would LOVE to ride behind yours Saturday night. I'll get to see if I can notice a difference between the engines and the hulls that way. We are bringing another couple from Elmhurst, friends with two kids too, to the lake wiht us. We'll be hanging out eating burgers and chasing the kids around at the house so you should definitely stop by for a beer afterwards.

What time are you thinking? I'd expect we'll be out on the lake with the families most of the day. I could always sneak out to go with your clan for a little bit though. Aside from snooping aroudn the boat it would be fun to wakeboard with you for a bit.

We'll probably get down there around 4pm on Sat (little league game), so my guess is we'll eat dinner and then go out afterwards when the lake clears out a bit. If I don't see you, I'll give you a ring.

You'll only notice the difference with the boat really weighed down. If you are just test driving the two side by side without weight, ballast, etc.. lotta people, you won't notice much difference.

How much weight does it take to notice? Will a difference be noticable with just the stock ballast? Honestly I'm a bit torn on the hull choice. I'm sure this has been discussed before. I must be using the search incorrectly because I don't have much luck with it though. If you could recommend any threads with a link to the diamond/V25 comparison threads that would be much appreciated.

Amazed at how quick and helpful this site has been....

I am referring to the engine, not the hull, 340 vs HH 383. The decision for me was only a few people riding 5 or less, 340. more than 5 the HH. I went with the HH. That is in an LSV. If you were going VLX, I'd stick with the 340. Either way I would get the 1235 prop if you are going to load it down.

One of the dealers I got a price from gave me a printout of MSRP's on the boat and options. It came off of Malibu's "dealer only" web site, IIRC. This was back in the fall of 2002. So they do exist. Why are you giving up on the Sport? To this day I still love those boats but could never afford one.

The Sport is great and still in perfect condition. I just want a Vdrive and the higher gunwales for the kids (safety). Ok, I'd like a bigger wake for me too as I board more than I ski anymore. :blush: Our lake doesn't have a course and there really ins't anywhere on the lake that would be condusive to one.

Without starting a Brand war, I've been so happy with the Nautique that it has been hard for me to consider anything else. That said the VLX has me just about won over based on how I use it and what my personal situation is. I may consider a 236 but I don't really need the extra two feet and again, I really like a lot of things about the VLX. Dragon helped to sooth some of my brand switch fears based on his direct experience.

To me they are both great brands it just depends what is most important to you.

The black and yellow 21LSV (Fakesetter) next to me has a diamond hull. Tyuhas' youngest boy is a wakeboarder and can do just about anything behind his boat (though given a choice he rides with me Innocent.gif) . There is a difference in the size and shape of the wake between the hulls, but if you want to ski anything harder than recreational, go with a diamond hull. The V25 hull gives a pretty big bump in the middle. I test drove Tom's boat before I bought mine and he would surely give you a pull and let you drive it as well if you're considering that setup. I can introduce you this weekend...they are a great family.

Definitely looking to move at some point. There is a little bit of a disconnect between the wife and I right now as to when would be best to purchase. Let's just say there have been some threats made by her if I were to move without her signoff. Whistling.gif Anyway, I'll be test driving the one with the 383 this Saturday (I think). I would LOVE to ride behind yours Saturday night. I'll get to see if I can notice a difference between the engines and the hulls that way. We are bringing another couple from Elmhurst, friends with two kids too, to the lake wiht us. We'll be hanging out eating burgers and chasing the kids around at the house so you should definitely stop by for a beer afterwards.

What time are you thinking? I'd expect we'll be out on the lake with the families most of the day. I could always sneak out to go with your clan for a little bit though. Aside from snooping aroudn the boat it would be fun to wakeboard with you for a bit.

Hey, I grew up in Elmhurst. Wonder if I know who it is? Did they go to York? Biggrin.gif