Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Women's Wakeboards

MalibuBuzz

My almost 25 yr old daughter and I are pretty much beginner wakeboarders (especially with a new boat - it's MUCH different!). I didn't even try last year with our old boat....long story, and not important. Anyway, what's your preference for a Women's board for beginners and how do I know what size to pick? Our weights range between 112 and below 130.....we would like to buy one board for both our use. Right now we have been using a CWB 141 for the family....it's def'nly too big.....especially the bindings.

What board do you recommend....what brand and why? What do you think of the CWB lotus compared to the O'brien Vixen? I don't wanna pick the wrong board for us just by choosing it by appearance. Crazy.gif

Thanks in advance for your opinions and information....I want alot of em! ;)

I am going to go out on a limb the other direction and suggest the Hyperlite Divine 128. My GF is in the 125# range and loves her board! There is a tad bit difference (little harder to get up on a smaller board) but the reported difference in the way the board responds is VERY good relative to the 140cm she had been riding on.

http://www.wakeside.com/page/w/PROD/hyperl...oard_package_07

Hope this helps,

I believe that the Divine is the women's version of the Motve, BICBW. The 128 will be fine for the 112 pounder, but a beginner weighing in at close to 130 will find that board to be too small & have more difficulty learning as a result. The 132-134 range is a good compromise for both of them IMO.

Clearly I am out numbered on this thread, beings that its a "chick" thread.... ROFL.gif

Tracie, your right however...the divine *IS* the female version of the Motive.

I believe that the Divine is the women's version of the Motve, BICBW. The 128 will be fine for the 112 pounder, but a beginner weighing in at close to 130 will find that board to be too small & have more difficulty learning as a result. The 132-134 range is a good compromise for both of them IMO.
Clearly I am out numbered on this thread, beings that its a "chick" thread.... ROFL.gif

Tracie, your right however...the divine *IS* the female version of the Motive.

Of course you are, you guys should know better. Tongue.gif j/k

The 128 would be good for someone that's a bit more experienced, but as a beginner I like to err on the side of the board being a bit too large rather than too small. If they share a board for a while & use it a lot, they're both probably going to decide that they want something else & if that happens then they'll each end up with their own board anyway. FWIW, the trend over the past couple of years is to actually go a little longer than you would in the past, mainly because the technology/design/manufacturing has changed so much that longer is many times better.

Just a note that the Diva this year is not the same board. It is now the same as last year's Omega. That said, it is a good beginner board.

The important thing, of course, is to demo, demo, and demo.

Just a note that the Diva this year is not the same board. It is now the same as last year's Omega. That said, it is a good beginner board.

Ok, anyone know what the difference is, if any, between the LF Diva '06 compared to the '07?

My daughter rode a 128 motive last year and this year for her b-day I got her a cwb saphire 134. I would say she is about 115-120 and definately likes the CWB much more. Reasons she likes the board...pop, distance, and hinge tech bindings are very easy to get in and out of. If you look at cwb I would call jeff at innov8 or tom at DWC they will give a great deal.

BTW-my daughter is a beginner and is almost w2w heelside and working toeside w2w.

Ok, anyone know what the difference is, if any, between the LF Diva '06 compared to the '07?

It looks like the new Diva is slightly wider with a little less rocker & also comes with a slightly smaller center fin. All of that adds up to a board that will ride a bit looser.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the CWB Hinge Tech bindings. You can look at the other stuff out there, but I'd bet that you'll end up with one of these bindings. They're simply awesome - comfy, easy to get into & well built.

The Hinge tech must be more comfortable. I know I will be drivin for a bit when I see her do a surface 180...she is just buying time.

It looks like the new Diva is slightly wider with a little less rocker & also comes with a slightly smaller center fin. All of that adds up to a board that will ride a bit looser.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the CWB Hinge Tech bindings. You can look at the other stuff out there, but I'd bet that you'll end up with one of these bindings. They're simply awesome - comfy, easy to get into & well built.

So would you say the '07 would be more or less stable and easier for beginners than the '06? or do I have that backwards? Dontknow.gif

I'm going to guess that the difference will be subtle, with the biggest difference IMO being that center fin. More fin = more grab in the water, but also slows the board down a little. So the '07 will ride a bit looser & faster, but which is better really depends on how tight the older board was to begin with. Find one to demo & see how you like it. Again, try out a variety of boards because what one person likes may not be right for the next. FWIW, you don't have to stay with a women's specific board.

John,

Hinge Tech is simply awesome. We bought some for my son last weekend & I rode his setup with my bad foot & all. Very comfortable bindings that are really easy to get in & out of while still offering good support.

My wife really likes her 2005 Liquid Force Angel ... I think it's a 134. In fact, she won a new Ronix board in a contest but she keeps going back to her Angel because she likes it so much better. She bought a new set of the Liquid Force Melissa bindings this year, and while she's getting used to them, I think she likes them a lot. I would never try to guess her weight .. Innocent.gif ... but she's about 5'7" and quite slim, let's put it that way. :blush:

Guest MaliGirl

RE: Bindings

I just bought the Ronix Rise a month or so ago. It's the only women's specific closed-toe boot (that I'm aware of). LOVE THEM!!! They are like sliding into a pair of slippers... May be slightly more difficult to put on than the hinge, but fits great with my narrow foot.

Plus, they have a high "cute" factor... :)

I just bought the Ronix Rise a month or so ago. It's the only women's specific closed-toe boot (that I'm aware of). LOVE THEM!!! They are like sliding into a pair of slippers... May be slightly more difficult to put on than the hinge, but fits great with my narrow foot.

I can't say enough about those bindings. I had difficulty getting my bad foot out, so I'm not totally sure about buying some for myself immediately. But they are by far & away the most comfortable, most secure binding that I've ever worn. And her CWB Absolute....me likey. Yahoo.gif

I asked my daughter about the CWB Hinge bindings and she said that while they are easy to get into, she has been worried for customers about the possible injury that could occur from the wire on the side of the hinge. I don't really know that much about the bindings, but that was her take on them. She has tried most of the bindings out there and fits people for bindings every day. Her favorites are probably still the LF Transits.

I can't say enough about those bindings. I had difficulty getting my bad foot out, so I'm not totally sure about buying some for myself immediately. But they are by far & away the most comfortable, most secure binding that I've ever worn. And her CWB Absolute....me likey. Yahoo.gif

So you did like the absolute then?