Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Please identify this gauge

tkredline

Does any one know what the gauge to the right of the hour meter on a '98 Sunsetter is in this picture? It's the one that is mirror opposite of the depth gauge. I've got a dummy filler in that location.

98_malibu_dash.jpg

I can't tell by that picture, but on my 99 SSLxi, I had a clock/water temp/air temp gauge that looked very much like the depth gauge.

I can't tell by that picture, but on my 99 SSLxi, I had a clock/water temp/air temp gauge that looked very much like the depth gauge.

It's appears to be a factory Malibu gauge based on the similarity of its bezel to the other gauges.

I don't think it was really destined for a perticular gage. I beleive in 98 the Malibu options were depth gage and the other water/air temperature gage as previosly mentioned. However, the depth gage on the picture is not an original Malibu gage. Is you want to fill the blank hole, you can fit a compas(Overtons) or a Perfect Pass cruise control.

The best I can remember my '01 Sunsetter had that depth gauge from the factory. I say factory but it may not have been, it was on the boat when I bought it new from the dealer.

post-5-1181700235_thumb.jpg

It's the clock :)

and if I didn't know any better I would say that's my picture too.... lol

Edited by R1LOVER

On my 98 that location is the voltmeter, with the clock right next to it. I'm assuming (as I can't tell in your pic) that it is the clock because the little round button above it should adjust the time.

Thanks everyone for the replies. R1LOVER this probably is a pic of your boat as I got it on this forum :) . And so the gauge in question must be the clock. Was curious to know what additional options were available that my boat doesn't have. R1LOVER do you have to reset the clock whenever you disconnect/reconnect the battery? Others mentioned an outside water/air temperature gauge. Does anyone who has these options find them useful? Thanks again for the replies.

Thanks everyone for the replies. R1LOVER this probably is a pic of your boat as I got it on this forum :) . And so the gauge in question must be the clock. Was curious to know what additional options were available that my boat doesn't have. R1LOVER do you have to reset the clock whenever you disconnect/reconnect the battery? Others mentioned an outside water/air temperature gauge. Does anyone who has these options find them useful? Thanks again for the replies.

lol I though it might be.... lol

As for the clock, yes it runs from the battery so it does need to be reset every time the battery comes out.

As for the water/air tempature..... I don't have that option nor do I think it was available then.

I would love to have the water temp gauge though.... :)

I have a '98 and it has the water temp guage, which I use to beat my crew over the head with when I go in with just my swim suit and a vest and they have a full wet suit.

I have a '98 and it has the water temp guage, which I use to beat my crew over the head with when I go in with just my swim suit and a vest and they have a full wet suit.

Interesting.... thank you

I didn't think it would have been an otpion for some as it's such a small item.

Is it built into the depth gauge or the clock?

Interesting.... thank you

I didn't think it would have been an otpion for some as it's such a small item.

Is it built into the depth gauge or the clock?

All in one.

In my '01, on the right is a Lowrance 3003 - Clock/Water Temp/Air Temp/Engine Hour/Volt Meter multi guage. (Where Ronnie's picture shows just the clock). I do find them useful, but it looks like there may be separate guages for some of those on your dash - too hard to see what guages are present through the glare on the glass.