Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cabin speaker options - need some advice.

hants82

I have 2 sets of Polk 6501 UM component speakers in my 98 Sunsetter. I'm getting a new interior and don't want to cut into the new skins to mount the tweeter. If I went with the Polk 651 UM would I notice a difference or is that a comparable speaker? If that's not a good option I thought about replacing all 4 speakers. Any advice would be great!

I also don't have any bow speakers and would like to add a set but not sure the best path to do in my boat. Has anyone addeed a set to their bow in a similar boat?

Thanks a ton!!!

Off the top of my head, I cant say what the significant differences are between those two polk models. As a consideration and if room permits, have you considered a larger speaker like the Kicker KM8? Deeper mid-bass and extra output then a 6.5" with not additional wattage.

I like the idea of the larger speaker. I'm not sure that I have room. If they fit I may go that route. If I don't have I'll have to find a 6.5" solution, if so maybe the 6.5" kickers are a good solution?