Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New High Speed Reversible Pump

Chrisjjbrown

I considered it for the 20% faster fill rate but fill time isn't that important to me and the Ballast King does not have the run dry protection that the Ballast Puppy does. Making things as goof proof as possible is high on my list.

It looks like Wakemakers made a typo on the web page for the Ballast King. They spec 960 gph but it should be 660 gph (11 gpm x 60).

I considered it for the 20% faster fill rate but fill time isn't that important to me and the Ballast King does not have the run dry protection that the Ballast Puppy does. Making things as goof proof as possible is high on my list.

It looks like Wakemakers made a typo on the web page for the Ballast King. They spec 960 gph but it should be 660 gph (11 gpm x 60).

I was thinking the same thing with the 120 lbs a minute. Isn't 11 gpm x 8.34 lbs per gallon = 91.74 lbs?

Maybe that gph is at a different head pressure?

Dont know the exact specs, but yes, Jabsco does have a higher volume impeller pump. Its prototype has been running on the Wake9 Tige for about a year. My one concern is that will the increase flow rate offset the extra circuit protection, battery capacity and wire gauge.

Has anyone ever replaced their aerator pumps with reversible impeller pumps using the existing thru-hulls?

People have done it, but they are quite a bit slower, so if the holes are there, use em.

At that price there is not worry of me upgrading my pumps to these higher flowing units!

That is really what I was getting at, is the increase in time on these new pumps really worth the price jump from your standard Johnson pump.

math, i hate math, but:

On the king label it says 11gpm

at 8.8 lbs per gallon, 1,100 lbs of water = 132 gallons of water.

my 1,100 lb bag will take 12 minutes to fill at 11 gpm

the same bag will take 15 minutes to fill using a pump that produces at 80% of the king pump (the king pump being 20% faster).

no thanks

Wakemakers sells their own branded ballast pump that sports a 12 gpm rate for $205.00 https://www.wakemakers.com/premium-reversible-ballast-pump.html

math, i hate math, but:

On the king label it says 11gpm

at 8.8 lbs per gallon, 1,100 lbs of water = 132 gallons of water.

my 1,100 lb bag will take 12 minutes to fill at 11 gpm

the same bag will take 15 minutes to fill using a pump that produces at 80% of the king pump (the king pump being 20% faster).

no thanks

Wakemakers sells their own branded ballast pump that sports a 12 gpm rate for $205.00 https://www.wakemakers.com/premium-reversible-ballast-pump.html

Their own brand appears to just be a stickered jabsco pump

Yeah I'd like to integrate them into the medallion interface. I'm trying to improve the slow drain times on my piggy back system.

Integrating reversible impeller pumps into a system like the Murphy or Medallion systems that use aerator pumps, is not easy. One effective and easy solution, is to give the suplimental sac its own drain pump thats wired to the factory drain pump.

Has anyone ever replaced their aerator pumps with reversible impeller pumps using the existing thru-hulls?

Pull the pump and thread in the correct hose barb fitting, mount the pump, connect the hoses, upgrade the wiring and switch, done. The one issue is going to be if you are using hard tanks. A reversible pump is going to need to connect to a lower located port.