Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

97 response lx

jbower

Hey guys. Obviously I know my boat is not a wakeboat hopefully in the next few years I will be able to upgrade but for now I love what I have and it works. Anyways how much does a ski locker sack help on a boat like mine. I have a wedge and a few 750s I mainly play with in the rear of the boat. Now my boat does not have a ski locker since it's open now with step over dash but what I would like to do is put a access panel under the dash to get to the locker area and put a 250 in there. Do you think this is possible?

I have an '00 sunsetter, which produces more of a wake than a response. I've given up on trying to surf after much ballast and attempts on a surf gate and NSS system. My advice is enjoy what you have and find a friend with a good wake boat for surfing.

Not necessarily trying to surf but a good wakeboard wake without having a big bag up front and having to throw a pump over to fill it. I have surged ropeless behind it with no weight in the front but I think if I could get a 250 up there it would help

We surf the heck out of our Echelon:

wedge down

750lbs of ballast in rear surf corner

400lbs of ballast in ski locker

1 driver

3 occupants positioned to complete the shaping of the wake

Same should apply for the Response. Just gotta dial it in. I hope to install some kind of wake shaper this year to add to the set up.

Hey Michigan any way you have the measurements of the ski locker on yours? How much does that bag help the wake either for boarding or surfing?

Not sure on the measurements, I'll take a tape out there when I get a chance.

You HAVE to have bow weight to lengthen the pocket and surf. If all of your weight is in the back, you'll have a huge wave, but it won't have any push to it. It has to be balanced with some weight up front.

When we are surfing, I have one of the occupants in the bow, along with the bag in the ski locker, for a little more weight up front.

Ok sounds good. Like I said in the original post I don't have the ski locker because it's a step over. But I am almost positive the cavity has to be there under the floor. There is a hole under the dash that some wires run threw I am going to try looking down in there and make sure before I cut a bigger hole and use a access panel

Ok sounds good. Like I said in the original post I don't have the ski locker because it's a step over. But I am almost positive the cavity has to be there under the floor. There is a hole under the dash that some wires run threw I am going to try looking down in there and make sure before I cut a bigger hole and use a access panel

Can you just put a bag on the floor of the bow? Or remove the bow seat and put one there?

Edit: A note of caution....that bow will go under water easily thru a wave. How long have you owned the boat, do you have much experience in driving it?

Edited by Michigan boarder

Owned it a few years now. Actually just going threw and wet sanding and buffing and tinting the Windows and all new vinyl decals also. I have laid a 750 up there and filled it partially probably 200+ lbs I know it will dip in. You definitely gotta know how to drive. I'm thinking out of sight out of mind under the floor plus I have a reversible pump that I can plumb and not have to worry about moving the bag and throwing a pump over

Owned it a few years now. Actually just going threw and wet sanding and buffing and tinting the Windows and all new vinyl decals also. I have laid a 750 up there and filled it partially probably 200+ lbs I know it will dip in. You definitely gotta know how to drive. I'm thinking out of sight out of mind under the floor plus I have a reversible pump that I can plumb and not have to worry about moving the bag and throwing a pump over

That all makes sense, you know the drill. I've thought about plumbing mine in too.

Nice looking boat!

Whatcha got on that little red stand behind it?

That's the 350 out of it. I rebuilt it last year. First rebuild since high school. Needless to say something was either in the crank whe. I put it together or the oil passage had a burr on it and tore up a rod bearing. So replacing the rod bearings and putting it back together. I had the dilemma last year of putting mpi on it and my engine cover won't close now because of the Intake so next project is picking up hdpe and adding on to the cover

Ouch. I guess the good thing is the DD engines go in and out so easily.

Are you adding to the bottom of the engine cover for more height?

What did you do with your old carb?