Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Timing

Steve B.

We'll see how it turns out. I was watching a used Sunsetter for maybe too long. Thinking maybe it would hold out for a few more weeks.

I'm sure whoever got it, made a good purchase. With a lot of luck, sometime before May'ish another good deal will come along. Admittedly, I'm bummed now. Very bummed.

The same kind of scenario happened before my current 'bu though, and I'm hopeful that same luck will happen again.

I hold onto the premise that if it's meant to be, it is.

I wont buy anything else until that happens. But, I will be quicker on the trigger. Thanks for listening,

Steve B.

I'm still bothered by a boat that I missed about a year before I bought my current boat. There was a 2009 LSV at the auction that I hoped to buy for 40k as that was my max budget. Went for 44. It was a great color and had all the good options. I'm happy with my boat but I wonder what might have been if I would have bought that one. I'll always think of that one as the one that got away.

I'm on my 4th wake boat since 2009 coming from a handful of bassboats. My first wake boat was a new leftover 2008 Moomba XLV still with the factory shipping cover stored in a warehouse. Back then I got it for $38K which I think was a pretty dang good deal considering it was a great color boat. 5-7 days later something was up with a Centurion dealer in the Southwest (Arizona or Utah I believe) that went under and unloaded 2-3 dozen new Centurion Enzo 233's and 244's for upper $30k to low $40k. I know back then they were known for some fit/finish issues compared to today but always wondered "what if" considering I'm in my mid-40's and started wake surfing in 2009 and the Enzo's were THE surf boats. This was my XLV and it was a great boat.

IMG_0163.jpg

As much as the process of buying a boat is exciting, it can also be extremely disappointing (I know you know this though). I was looking for SSLXI's in the east coast/mid-west and really wanted one that was in Chicago but the buyer wasn't responding. I ended up expanding my search out to Utah and found my boat. It was worth it bc I'm much happier with this boat. The only small ounce of wonder I have is the Tower from the other boat as I would have preferred that one in the end. Still, no regrets. It's an exciting and painful process but when you find it you'll know and you'll react appropriately.

This is the key, that last several boats and cars I've bought were purchased within hours of them appearing on craigslist.

Living near an Army base and when soldiers were deploying left and right to Iraq they would post up their motorcycles, 4 wheelers, and jet skis for next to nothing on CL because they didn't trust anyone to care for it or they were going to get new ones. I would buy them within minutes or hours and just resell them without even using them myself. Deals can be had at times.

Feel your pain! I missed a deal on a left over 15 lsv that I was absolutely in love with. Now, when I am fully ready to pull the trigger, I'm buying a used one for not a whole helluva lot less than what I could've bought the 15' for.

Timing is everything.

I was looking for a 210 San in great condition red and white colors. I was out of state when the perfect example popped up on Craigslist. Obviously it was gone by the time I get back into Orlando. Fast forward to the next weekend. My neighbor needed to borrow the key to the boat ramp and there is his new red 210.

I ended picking up my current VLX that I love, but every time I see that boat on the lake (every weekend) i get envious.

This is the key, that last several boats and cars I've bought were purchased within hours of them appearing on craigslist.

Yep...when you find what you're looking for, jump on it or another buyer will. I got the FlightCraft I bought last fall after the first buyer couldn't come up with the cash fast enough and am glad I was ready to move. When I put the boat it replaced up for sale, it was sold in less than a day when the buyer showed up with a fist-full of Benjamins. The good boats typically don't last long.