Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2010 VLX - Wakemakers Premium Complete Reversible Pump Ballast System Installation

jwl019

2 hours ago, MLA said:

Hopefully @jwl019 already has ball valves on the inlets, so additional would not be needed. 

Why not just isolate the path of the passive draining first, before part swapping. Theres 2 paths, the inlet/drain through the impeller pump. This is unlikely, but easy to figure out. Next is the vent. Again, easy to figure out by looking at the vent to see if water is coming out. 

I do have the ball valves installed, unfortunately the rear locations would be rather difficult for constant use due to the location I installed them.

I have the pvc ball valve on the vent line of the bow bag and it still has passive draining so I am really leaning towards the pump or impeller.

Within a few riders, I loose roughly 1/4 to 1/3 of the rear locker bags. I notice the bow bag so I usually turn on the pump to refill it when riders drop.

12 minutes ago, jwl019 said:

I do have the ball valves installed, unfortunately the rear locations would be rather difficult for constant use due to the location I installed them.

I have the pvc ball valve on the vent line of the bow bag and it still has passive draining so I am really leaning towards the pump or impeller.

Within a few riders, I loose roughly 1/4 to 1/3 of the rear locker bags. I notice the bow bag so I usually turn on the pump to refill it when riders drop.

Same here. That's why I went with the Wakemakers valves. I mounted them in the v-drive compartment between the thru hull and the pump. Works just fine.

38 minutes ago, jwl019 said:

@Kojak was responding to jwl019's comment about using the ball valve all the time. 

3 hours ago, Kojak said:

I added these between the thru hull and the pump.  Stops the passive draining. You just have to remember to turn them off/on.

http://www.wakemakers.com/pvc-ball-valve.html

I have a couple extra. They're yours if you want them.

No, I'm talking about these. Don't care if there's another reason for the passive draining, these stop it. 

Edited by Kojak