Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 LSV with LS3 sacked out review

CJAY

Right. And that person I'm sure disconnected your temp alarm and limp mode on your ECM therefore watching temp fluctuations by 2 degrees an event requiring even more attention.

ahh heck. I must be old school. I care about two things only, performance and wakes. Apparently I'm in the vast minority of inboard owners now and everyone else is right.

I hear ya, but the prices dont reflect just a down and dirty wake or wakeless making machine. Its much more than just that aspect now.

I feel like Malivue refresh is coming, next year, or two years from now at the latest.

The not having a tach thing is just weird. I bet they will keep the two screens but they will get updated significantly.

That said, I think the new dash + steering wheel looks good. Its got nice metal where all the plastic bits used to be, and especially looks good with the contrast stitching. The only issue I saw is the the stitching wasn't quite right on the boat we looked at.

Edited by pkh

Right. And that person I'm sure disconnected your temp alarm and limp mode on your ECM therefore watching temp fluctuations by 2 degrees an event requiring even more attention.

ahh heck. I must be old school. I care about two things only, performance and wakes. Apparently I'm in the vast minority of inboard owners now and everyone else is right.

Shall we vote on it??

I thought everyone is entitled to their opinion? and preference?

And would guess that for quite a few, they have a much larger investment in their boats than their car/SUV?

ANd the liklihood of your boat overheating is much more likely than your car/SUV, as there are more variables involved (more things can go wrong, more pumps, more stuff)

And experiencing on overheating boat is more of a problem than having your car/SUV overheat. The car/SUV you can call AAA or a tow truck, although there are services for disabled boats, being able to tell that person your exact where a bouts is a tad more difficult! say out on a river or the ocean, or even very large lake!

Not sure about "that person", but I have had vehicles that I would swear were possessed or had gremlins!

Edited by happypappy
  • Like 3

These threads crack me up. With all the complaints on here (TMC generally, not just this thread) about the helm and the new graphics, etc. and how Malibu better never change the G3, I get the impression you're all a bunch of old men with an aversion to change. Then I check out a profile and realize that quite often I'm older. Anyway, not a swipe at anyone. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just something I find amusing. You all clearly love your boats and there is no detail that is too small to get worked up over.

• Like 3

These threads crack me up. With all the complaints on here (TMC generally, not just this thread) about the helm and the new graphics, etc. and how Malibu better never change the G3, I get the impression you're all a bunch of old men with an aversion to change. Then I check out a profile and realize that quite often I'm older. Anyway, not a swipe at anyone. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just something I find amusing. You all clearly love your boats and there is no detail that is too small to get worked up over.

There are a lot of positive feedback about the new LSV, personally I think its sick, some really nice improvements made on it. The new display is just an opinion that everyone has. Personally I think the VLX dash functions nicely, with a nice combo of electronic display and old school. When I sat in the drivers seat I noticed the new LSV dash also sits up a bit higher than the VLX, which is never a good thing for visibility. I do not think it would be a dealbreaker for most, but lets face it, its a damn expensive boat and you need to enjoy sitting in the drivers seat looking at the dash all day.

I personally like change, and yes I am old, but sometimes change is not always a great thing... as they say "if it is not broken, dont fix it."

There are a lot of positive feedback about the new LSV, personally I think its sick, some really nice improvements made on it. The new display is just an opinion that everyone has. Personally I think the VLX dash functions nicely, with a nice combo of electronic display and old school. When I sat in the drivers seat I noticed the new LSV dash also sits up a bit higher than the VLX, which is never a good thing for visibility. I do not think it would be a dealbreaker for most, but lets face it, its a damn expensive boat and you need to enjoy sitting in the drivers seat looking at the dash all day.

I personally like change, and yes I am old, but sometimes change is not always a great thing... as they say "if it is not broken, dont fix it."

I don't mind the new dash. While I was driving I had no problems seeing over it.

Shall we vote on it??

I thought everyone is entitled to their opinion? and preference?

And would guess that for quite a few, they have a much larger investment in their boats than their car/SUV?

ANd the liklihood of your boat overheating is much more likely than your car/SUV, as there are more variables involved (more things can go wrong, more pumps, more stuff)

And experiencing on overheating boat is more of a problem than having your car/SUV overheat. The car/SUV you can call AAA or a tow truck, although there are services for disabled boats, being able to tell that person your exact where a bouts is a tad more difficult! say out on a river or the ocean, or even very large lake!

Not sure about "that person", but I have had vehicles that I would swear were possessed or had gremlins!

Right, but how does having a temp guage constantly visible prevent your boat from over heating? It doesn't! While I agree that I prefer analog gauges, I see 85's point. Realistically are you going to notice the temp climbing before you hear the alarm? My guess is 9 time out of 10 your focus will be on other things when on the water. I certainly know mine are. I'm more concerned about where I'm going and the boats around me than the exact rpm, temp, depth (I boat in water I know well), speed, etc. the same goes for anyone that drives my boat. I make sure they know the first priority is to keep the person riding behind the boat safe.

Right, but how does having a temp guage constantly visible prevent your boat from over heating? It doesn't! While I agree that I prefer analog gauges, I see 85's point. Realistically are you going to notice the temp climbing before you hear the alarm? My guess is 9 time out of 10 your focus will be on other things when on the water. I certainly know mine are. I'm more concerned about where I'm going and the boats around me than the exact rpm, temp, depth (I boat in water I know well), speed, etc. the same goes for anyone that drives my boat. I make sure they know the first priority is to keep the person riding behind the boat safe.

There are numerous priorities when manning a boat. TO keep the entire crew safe and out of/away from harms way, to know and stay out of other's folks right of way, maintain and operate the vessel in a safe and sane manner, maintaining a safe and legal distance from fellow boaters, property, etc.

ANd you are right, that is why there are multiple fail safes on a boat. You have your analog and digital gauges, there is your high temp alarm, and as a last resort your limp mode.

thats one nice surf wake !!! can you get that surfwake out of an mxz22 with same ballast ??

I doubt it, Bu pickle forks are tough to get a great wave out of. Have some friends that have spent some serious time ont eh 24mxz and 14 LSV and they say that the LSV is much better than a 24mxz in both wakeboard and surf wake at similar weighting.

Very nice. What made you choose the diamond hull

We still like to ski, so although not the best slalom wake out there, it is still decent for the recreational skiier.

IMO the surf and wakeboard wake are still awesome, so the I don't feel we are giving up much on the wake side of things.