Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fort Loudon Lake, TN "THE WORST"

Afun

Anyone that wants to ride today let me know. I don't care if I hit any logs as I am running a borrowed prop right now..... HA!

Norris does have it's fair share of debris right now. I was out this weekend and there were some widow makers floating around for sure.

Dude, you better get to work so you can pay for that borrowed prop!! :whistle:

If you find a nice cove just make a few passes down and back. The wakes will help push any debris to the shore.

Last year a buddy of mine was coming back from Stardust in his I/O at night. He ended up hitting a full size tree! He said the impact felt like he was in a nasty car wreck. He was able to limp it back to Hickory Star but was taking on water... The damage was pretty significant - outdrive was toast, motor mounts were busted and engine had shifted quite a bit, extensive fiberglass repair.... etc.

Gotta be careful out there!

If you find a nice cove just make a few passes down and back. The wakes will help push any debris to the shore.

Last year a buddy of mine was coming back from Stardust in his I/O at night. He ended up hitting a full size tree! He said the impact felt like he was in a nasty car wreck. He was able to limp it back to Hickory Star but was taking on water... The damage was pretty significant - outdrive was toast, motor mounts were busted and engine had shifted quite a bit, extensive fiberglass repair.... etc.

Gotta be careful out there!

That's a terrible story. Would our safest bet be Tellico?

I think EVERYONE should stay away from NORRIS...... WAY too dangerous...... well, and I like calm water...

Are you serious? I was there two weeks ago and it was perfect. Fort Loudon was miserable.

I always hear commercials here in North Alabama about lake front property on Tellico. Is it really nice or are the commercials wrong?

Also, where do you recommend we stay for a weekend on Norris?

Tellico is awesome. We have some friends with a town home on the lake. Really clean lake, not crowded at all. There are silos you can jump off of too. Highly recommend it.

I always hear commercials here in North Alabama about lake front property on Tellico. Is it really nice or are the commercials wrong?

Tellico is a nice lake, but on the weekends it can get a little rough for watersports since there are not that many coves and plenty of big boats. The developed lakefront is really nice and because it is a navagational lake, the water level stays consistant allowing you to have permanate docks.

I don't think you can really go wrong with any location at Norris. Are you planning on renting a house, camping, houseboat??

Free slip with rental at Shanghai Resort and Marina. Staying there for 4th of July. $99 bucks a night you could bring your dog for free. Really nice marina. Check it out.

Do yourself a favor and tow down to Lake Santeetlah, NC. Finest lake in the SE. DESERTED even on holidays.

GLASS all the time.