Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New 23 for 2014?!?!

huskey87

My understanding is that it is half closed.

I ordered one in a 23 lsv yesterday.

I was told the entire lineup will be Marine Power for 2015.

Does anyone have a photo of the MP LS3 for the lsv?

Theres a pic of one on this ad.......

http://www.wizardlakemarine.com/new-boats/malibu/mxz-series/create-document-here/2013-malibu-wakesetter-24-mxz

Who said the entire line up would be MP in 2015? Wouldn't be surprised...

I know some people don't like the Marine Power LS3, but I think it's aesthetically a nice improvement over the Indmar.

I wonder if we'll just see 3 (maybe 4 with a low end 5.7 for Axis) Marine Power engines for 2015. 5.3, LS3 6.2, and the LSA. I'm sure dealers would like it for their existing inventory. (easier to order boats to stock)

I know some people don't like the Marine Power LS3, but I think it's aesthetically a nice improvement over the Indmar.

I wonder if we'll just see 3 (maybe 4 with a low end 5.7 for Axis) Marine Power engines for 2015. 5.3, LS3 6.2, and the LSA. I'm sure dealers would like it for their existing inventory. (easier to order boats to stock)

I agree. I like the way the MP LS3 looks as well.

Indmar is going Ford

. Malibu wants to stick with GM thus the MP

@Ford

Employee VPN Access

Feedback RSS FAQ

INSIDE FORD

NEWS & CLIPSHEET

U.S. EMPLOYEESU.S. RETIREESU.S. BENEFITSFROM OUR PLANTS (NA)AXZ PLANVIRTUAL TOUR

@Ford Online > News & Clipsheet > News > Indmar Marine Engines Now Built Ford Tough: Indmar and Ford Announce Engine Supply Agreement at SEMA

Email This

​Click here to enlarge image.

Indmar Marine Engines Now Built Ford Tough: Indmar and Ford Announce Engine Supply Agreement at SEMA

Nov-05-2013 4:00 PM ET

​LAS VEGAS – Ford Motor Company will re-enter the marine market in an agreement with Indmar Marine Engines, the world’s largest privately held manufacturer of gasoline inboard marine engines.

Ford and Indmar Marine Engines made the announcement today at the Specialty Equipment Market Association premier event – the 2013 SEMA show.

“Ford is pleased to be working with Indmar Marine as it plans to re-enter the marine market,” said Jamy Hall, president and CEO for Ford Component Sales. “Ford has a long history of bringing power to the marine industry and views this effort as a strategic opportunity for the company.”

Ford’s 6.2-liter V8 engine, which is offered in F-150 SVT Raptor and F-Series Super Duty trucks, will give watersport enthusiasts the power and torque necessary to meet the increased workload demanded of today’s watercraft, allowing them to go further with Ford out on the water. Indmar Marine Engines will offer three models of varying horsepower and torque that will have plenty of power to pull the most avid water-skiers and wake boarders.

Indmar Marine Engines has been in business for 43 years and operates multiple advanced manufacturing facilities in the United States, with distribution centers in Tennessee and California. The company is the engine supplier of choice for some of the most well-known, high-performance boats used by watersport enthusiasts across the country.

“The 6.2-liter engine was specifically built for a truck, providing the torque needed to tow heavy weight – which is exactly what today’s high-performance watercraft need,” said Chuck Rowe, president of Indmar Marine Engines.

“Our sport has evolved, and with heavier boats, bigger wakes and larger ballast and passenger capacity, the demand on the engine is even greater,” Rowe added. “We looked at the total market, and have spent a great deal of time, research and development dollars to find an engine that will best fit the demands of watersports.”

Full disclaimer - I drive an F150 and I will say that Ford's 6.2 is NOT a great motor by today's standards. It is old technology, but cheaper than Chevy's 6.2 to produce.

I bought two F150s from two different reputable/large dealerships in the last 3 year and both of them told me NOT to buy one with a 6.2. It is a decent low end torque motor and reliable, but as I said old, inefficient technology. I'm sure it can be tweaked, but it's not what I'd want in a $100k boat.

I would guess we're looking at the following specs based off their F150 and Super Duty lineup:

HP

411 @ 5500 rpm (F-150)
385 @ 5500 rpm (Super Duty <10K GVWR)
316 @ 4179 rpm (Super Duty >10K GVWR)

Torque

434 @ 4500 rpm (F-150)
405 @ 4500 rpm (Super Duty <10K GVWR)
397 @ 4179 rpm (Super Duty >10K GVWR)

Edited by tjklein

Had my dealer check with Malibu, and it is half closed. You can get the full closed if you order it salt water series

• 10 months later...

I don't doubt the benefits of the triple axle, but it is an oddity and that is what will make someone think twice about it.

think of the triple axle trailer as a woman with 3 boobs. Sure, there are obvious benefits, but at the end of the day it is really freaky and you would rather opt for a woman with the normal amount of boobs.

There is a real three boobed lady out there...

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/09/22/florida-womans-purported-surgery-to-get-third-breast-raises-ethical-medical/