Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is this the one for me?

Levi900RR

I just saw this thread. I have a '97 VLX and LOVE everything about it except it would be nice to have a 3 peice rear hatch. The seating with the rear bench seat opens up the rear area and makes it feel so much bigger. If you have a larger crew the wrap around seating may work out better. I think in '98 they went to wrap around seating but no seating directly behind the driver. I have thought about adding a bench seat but have not done it and don't plan on doing it. That '96 you were looking at had efi but the interior looked a little rough. I love that I can put my 2 surf boards in between the captain chair and the side of the boat to get them out of the way. From '96 to '99 the VLX had some big changes every year that refined the boat. Even looking at pics of a '96 I can see alot of differences here and there. For getting into a v-drive I don't think there is a better all around boat than the mid/late '90's VLX's. For what some of these guys say they saw VLX prices at I have never seen them that low and I am always looking at these boats. I don't think Malibu made a ton of VLX when they first started making them like they do now days, wakeboarding was just coming up. For spending 20 g's you may have to wait till you see one that works for you but you will have to jump on it quick. Good luck in your search, now is a great time to be buying a boat.

JB-Foot is in the house....haha

if you are SERIOUSLY interested....PM me and I can call and talk to the guy and take a look at it...

AWESOME, I am going to try and see if I can work a deal with the guy. If I get to the point where I need a hawk eye on it I'll hit you up for sure!

Thanks man!

Well, after careful consideration, and a long meeting with my finance manager last night I think we have decided to up the budget a bit... I am going to sell my boat and a few other summer toys in the spring and buy a newer, more outfitted VLX. Looks like I may end up being able to be picky after all... :lol:

• Like 3

That's a sweet boat. My next will be a 2001 Wakesetter if I can. As much as I like a Tandem trailer that is a nice trailer for garage storing. Single axle is easier to push around and the removable tongue keeps it as short as possible. I really like the Titan Tower as well.

Edited by Asmodeus2112