Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1987 skier

mhoffman209

Today my wife and I bought our first Malibu and I couldn't be happier. It is a 1987 skeir. I have been using this forum to get as much info as I can and everyone here is so help full to one another, i hope i dont wear out my welcome with all the stupid questions I mite have. Thanks in advance. Oh yea very happy!! :-)

Not sure how to post pictures but as soon as I do I will.

Welcome and congrats on the boat!

No question is a stupid one. As long as you use search first. And Google. And the resources/diy. Then there shouldn't be any stupid questions. Maybe some stupid answers, but whatever it is should be able to be figured out. :crazy:

Just kidding, ask away!

p.s. pics are mandatory.

I know your happiness! I absolutely loved my first Malibu Skier! At the time, it was an amazing deal for the boat of that type. Had so much fun that it led to the purchase of many Malibus beyond that one. Important thing is your boating and your happy! I am sure everyone here is very willingto help out where they can so for things can stay that way for you! Enjoy and Congratulations! Post some picutres from time to time if you can!

Today my wife and I bought our first Malibu and I couldn't be happier. It is a 1987 skeir. I have been using this forum to get as much info as I can and everyone here is so help full to one another, i hope i dont wear out my welcome with all the stupid questions I mite have. Thanks in advance. Oh yea very happy!! :-)

Not sure how to post pictures but as soon as I do I will.

Congrats on the new for you Malibu! what part of Modesto are you in and where do you think you will be taking the boat out? just was up at Lake don Pedro this past Saturday, will have to try and hook up. Have fun and enjoy your 'new" boat!

Skier007

We live a couple of blocks behind best buy just north of the mall. We usually go to Pedro also but I will prob take her to Woodward one night this week to make sure nothing unexpected comes up half way across Pedro with the family. Soon we will b making frequent weekend trips to Pedro we will prob have to hook up and have a couple cold ones at the waterfalls :-)

martinarcher

Congrats on your Skier. I remember when we brought our Skier home....I was so pumped! Yahoo.gif

Enjoy your Bu - you'll love this site - it is the best resource for you and your new Bu!

Congrats on the new to you boat, we love our 87 skier. It gets looks and comments every time we take her out. Try photobucket.com to upload pics.

DSC00536.jpg

DSC00537.jpg

DSC00539.jpg

Nice looking Skiers!!! I too always receive comments. Nice classic ski boats that still do the job!

Utilize this site as much as you can. There is more knowledge here than anywhere else! At least 1 person will always have experienced a similar problem!Rockon.gif

Congrats on the purchase!!

I just pulled into the dock an hour ago and saw this beautiful skier on the beach, exactly the boat I want to find and restore as a winter project one year.

0ENiB.jpg

It nice to see what potential my boat has by looking and other people's boats. I think I have been missing a lot of sleep looking online at all the skiers with towers to see what I would like my boat to look like. I think I even seen someone put a floating wedge on an 87. Endless possabilitys.

It nice to see what potential my boat has by looking and other people's boats. I think I have been missing a lot of sleep looking online at all the skiers with towers to see what I would like my boat to look like. I think I even seen someone put a floating wedge on an 87. Endless possabilitys.

I like the look of the old school samson towers on the skiers because of the straight lines. I've come very close to pulling the trigger on it but I just can't get myself to put a tower on. I love the lines of the old slalom boats, i always have and I just prefer the classic look. :no:

• 1 month later...

My family owns a 1985 Skier. We have had a lot of work done to the engine and a few other random things it looks great but I would love to continue to keep working on it and updating it to make it as nice as possible! My family paid $6,500 for the Skier and it has been an amazing purchase. I will take pics of the boat exterior and interior soon to show you how it looks!

Congrats on the purchase!!

I just pulled into the dock an hour ago and saw this beautiful skier on the beach, exactly the boat I want to find and restore as a winter project one year.

0ENiB.jpg

Dang, if that had two stainless thru hulls I would swear it was 88's Skier! Get that thing off the beach and anchored properly in deeper water!

• 2 weeks later...

Dang, if that had two stainless thru hulls I would swear it was 88's Skier! Get that thing off the beach and anchored properly in deeper water!

Wow beautiful!!! Looks very similar to mine! I still love the no tower look!! ClassicRockon.gif

You need to have that no tower look :Tease3:

Levi, it's time for you to break down and call Brett or Michelle at Star One and score a smokin deal on a Series I. I put one on my old Sunsetter and it looks SOOO much better than I thought it would! Don't know what I did without it! Put those dreams of a houseboat aside and call them! :Tease3:

• 1 year later...

i love my 87 skier, put more money in it than it is worth new stringers new floors,new performance ign, gps, and many many layers of wax, maybe is hould take it off the trailer and see if it floats,but then again i dont use it for skiing, just a cruiser, think i might put a 671 blower on it,,then again, maybe not,

i love my 87 skier, put more money in it than it is worth new stringers new floors,new performance ign, gps, and many many layers of wax, maybe is hould take it off the trailer and see if it floats,but then again i dont use it for skiing, just a cruiser, think i might put a 671 blower on it,,then again, maybe not,

I want to see pictures of this monster...

• 8 years later...

I have an 87 Malibu skier and its the only ski boat ive ever owned. My uncle bought it in 87 and I learned to ski and barefoot behind this boat and bought it from him several years ago. 5.7 mercruiser great slolam boat. And pole over side for teaching youngsters barefoot. Easy to maintanance. Most parts I get at Napa like points and oil plugs. Impeller and other at boathouse but I wouldnt trade my skier for anything. Everyone where im at wakeboards and wakesurfs im a lone ranger slolam skiing and barefooting down here in Florida. 904. Duvvvvaaaalllllllll