Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Illusion G3 Tower on a 2000 Sunsetter?

cooncesean

Aerial is just another tower-in-a-box company.

So far I'm liking the new Samson Blade, which is as close to a G3 tower in looks and operation without being a G3.

Peter

Peter, do you think you could get your G3 tower boom to fit onto the Samson Blade?

Scott

Edited by sbrisk
  • 8 years later...
On 7/27/2011 at 8:25 AM, iusom28 said:

You actually CAN buy them. My nearest dealer said I couldn't as well, so I was persistent and went with the next closest dealer who knew who to talk to in Tennessee. He was able to get one for me from the Tennessee factory and so I had it put on in March 2011.... G3 tower, bimini, spinner racks, speakers, the whole thing. Looks awesome! But you're right, it wasn't cheap.

I’m interested in the complete setup as you have installed. My intended boat for the tower is a 2000 Escape/Wakesetter 23LSV this would be an awesome upgrade. Who would I need to talk to what is the ballpark cost I would be looking at?

you can PM me.

[email protected]

thank you

Matt

22 hours ago, mbilenki said:

I’m interested in the complete setup as you have installed. My intended boat for the tower is a 2000 Escape/Wakesetter 23LSV this would be an awesome upgrade. Who would I need to talk to what is the ballpark cost I would be looking at?

you can PM me.

[email protected]

thank you

Matt

9 year old post you brought back and the guy hasn't posted in 2.5 years.  I wouldn't hold your breath on a response.  

I've heard the cost now days is around $8000 for the tower only.  Not a cheap upgrade.

we had an 04 we put a g3 tower on  dont ask why????

friend towed it up to the lake forgot how tall it was with a tower and went under an overpass to low,  insurance bought a nice new one and thats when we upgraded,  hahaha

I upgraded my last boat, an 07 23 lsv to a G3 tower.  It was a long time ago and didn't really have a problem asking the local dealer to order one.  Find the boat model with the same beam as yours and you shouldn't have a problem.  The g3 bolted to the same location and holes as the old illusion, not sure what yours currently has.  If you find the model and year boat with the same beam, ask someone on here to measure the outside dimensions of the tower bases from the same boat to ensure it would fit on yours.

I think the price of just the tower has probably gone up 50% percent since I did it, just like everything else has. Also keep in mind you need a new bimini, racks, and tower mounted mirror, if you had one.