Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Low voltage alarm causing limp mode

• 2 months later...

I have a 2010 23 LSV, and am having the same problem. I had 68 hours on the boat when it first occured. The Dealer assumed it was a user error. (I have owned boats since 1976 and this is my second Malibu.) the dealer sent me out the door without doing anything to the boat. the same error message and limp mode occured the next time I used the boat. I was able to get back to shore by going to the 'Slalom' preset mode. It was back to the dealer again. This time they put it in a test tank, and of course the boat worked fine. Took it to the lake again. This time a 'Warning Service Required' message came up. I put on the slalom preset mode again and the boat ran fine back to the Marina. The dealer has it for the 3rd time. I will keep you posted.

• 6 months later...

I have had the boat into the dealer 7 time now. Nearly everything electronic has been replaced; throttle sensor, wiring harness, computer, fuse box etc. the dealer is now going to replace the ECM. If that doesn't work its back to factory. Did the person that reported this problem first every get thier boat fixed?

If a dealier can't diagnose a problem in 7 shop visits, there is a huge problem. I'm hoping they do the right thing and somehow reimburse you for their inccorrect diagnosis.

Good luck,

Steve B.

• 1 month later...

Wow new maliblows really suck. I don't think Malibu will ever live it down. I for one will never ever buy any 2008 or newer Bu for the rest of my life. Maybe Malibu should go back to Mercruiser engines. I hope you all get your purchase price back with interest.

I've had my own issues of late, but would like to put some positive info out here. Our club boat (2010 RLXi) had similar issues. It went back to the dealer a handful of times, to the factory once or twice, and was observed by Malibu, Indmar, and Zero Off reps to diagnose. It took multiple efforts, but it was finally resolved. Lots of part replacements, etc. The club, at one point, was discussing the threat of "Take the boat back or we're getting lawyers involved!", so I definitely understand how you guys feel. However, our issue was ultimately resolved. I will try to contact the club members involved in the process to see what the final fix was.