Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2011's

Malibudude

Sunscape 247

post-6-12801570092_thumb.jpgpost-6-128015700698_thumb.jpgpost-6-128015700401_thumb.jpgpost-6-128015700011_thumb.jpgpost-6-128015699688_thumb.jpgpost-6-128015699313_thumb.jpg

That chopped up rear section is going to make it a biatch for adding extra ballast, not sure I really get that re-design, not a fan.

Edited by 06vlx
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malibudude

• Bobby Light

• UWSkier

• chadwick02

What the heck is this???

My link

It looks like *maybe* a bolted on lead weight? Maybe one that will hold larger weights?

Check my post here as well.

I've posted up some more pictures and a quick description of things that I noticed have changed!

Drool, drool, drool and more drool. It's like they read my notes about what to change before I wrote it. This definitely takes it to the next level and makes MC's upgrade to an in-dash screen look even more silly.

Too bad I just bought a '10... Looks like I've got something to look forward to on my next upgrade.

I guess every body wil have the 1234 code. I ll have that for sure. jajjajaje

"So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5.... Amazing! That's the same combination I have on my luggage!" :sw3:

Gotta say I'm not a big fan of that Response tower either - the lines just do not flow on the boat the way the original XTP did. Glad I got my T3...

Gotta say I'm not a big fan of that Response tower either - the lines just do not flow on the boat the way the original XTP did. Glad I got my T3...

Looks like the tower didn't change, the windshield did.

:plus1: On the Titan 3 DL6. :drool:

Although at this point, I would use either if I could. :Frustrated:

post-12034-128016979434_thumb.jpg

More info for the 2011's

New Wakesetter & Sunscape 247 LSV

We put even more stretch into these limos with room for 17. The Wakestter and Sunscape 247 LSVs have been redesigned inside and out. A new helm offers the driver a performance car look and feel while the new transom seating adds another fun place to hangout with more swimstep accessible wet storage. Customize for no extra charge choosing between the WetTek floor with snap-out carpet and the Mantex floor with hull-to-hull carpeting. Lined with more hand-covered parts, the new interior features LED-lit stainless emblems and has the ability to accept new optional 8" Rockford Fosgate Full-range speakers. A new MH2 frameless windshield and special fresh air vents work with the new lines of the 247s to create a look as incredible as their performance. Performance that kicks-up monstrous wakes at wakeboarding speeds, gives you great recreational skiing at slalom speeds and handling that rivals a much smaller water sports boat.

New Malibu Touch Command (MTC)

The new Malibu Touch Command (MTC) is amazing on so many different levels; what it is, what it does and the fact that it is standard on all Wakesetters and Sunscapes. Made with Projective Capacitive Touch Technology typically reserved for high-end personal digital devices, you won't find a feature like MTC in a high performance car let alone anywhere else in the boating industry. Malibu Boats is way ahead of the game with touch-sensitive switching based on intuitive hi-res graphical menus of the boat's functions. Command ballast control, Wedge adjustment, interior lighting, coded keyless ignition, available GPS navigation and more.

post-6-128017446117_thumb.jpg

New Coded Keyless Ignition

Forget the keys. Go ahead. You won't need them in a 2011. All Malibu Wakesetter and Sunscape models have keyless ignition standard. Type in your code, touch the "Start Engine" icon and motor. No more worries about getting to the lake and forgetting the keys. Malibu's got you covered.

New Dash and Components

Performance aside, the 2011 dash looks bad in a good way! You've never seen a dash like the one you'll find in a 2011 Malibu boat. The MTC projective capacitive touch screen combined with the new Italian-made Isotta Vista Steering Wheel, the available MaliView Dash System and Rockford Fosgate Stereo touch pad; let it all sink in. Now consider the functionality housed in this dash and it's almost unbelievable. MaliView and the Rockford Fosgate Sound System have even been upgraded for 2011 to include USB video playback and increased iPod/iPhone control. Just when you think boat design has been taken as far as it can go, Malibu Boats does it one better.

New Power L96 & LSA

The new L96 6.0L (410 HP) pulls every water sport you're into with 400 foot-pounds of torque. Low-end power or top-end speed, the L96's Variable Valve Timing (VVT) automatically adjusts giving you the absolute best performance in either situation. And because Malibu powers boats with standard engines that are built specific and anything but standard, this one makes its home in the new 247 LSVs. The Supercharged LSA 6.2L (550 HP) tops Malibu's list of engine options as the first production supercharged Gen-IV small block engine the marine industry has ever seen. With 545 ft-lb of torque the LSA doesn't mess around and is available in all 23-247 foot Wakesetters and Sunscapes.

New White Illusion G3 Tower & Accessories

The G3 tower set 2010 on fire with insane popularity for durability, function and design. The Illusion G3 Gas Spring Assisted Tower follows the lines of a Malibu boat so well you can now get it in black or white. To finish the custom look, Malibu Titan Tower accessories like lights and speakers can be colored to match.

New Flo-cam Rear View Rider Camera System

The Malibu Boats Flo-cam Rear View Rider Camera System pushes the limits of typical action sports cameras way outside the box. This smooth swiveling camera follows the athlete in tow with fluid motion. The Flo-cam can be adjusted to your water sport of choice and is viewable live or recorded through the MaliView Dash System. Captured footage is easily editable and the camera itself can be used in any number of action sports situations thanks to its multi-dimensional design. Watch yourself reach new heights behind a 2011 Malibu boat.

post-6-128017455588_thumb.jpg

CRAZY!! Wow. I don't know what it is about Malibu's but I just can't get enough!

Alrighty I will be the first to ask...How long is that touch screen thing going to last? You are with your crew, you are wet, driving for each other and touching the screen with your wet hands, nevermind the odd chilli dip of the bow. Will it short out?

I am assuming the boys at Malibu have thought these things through since the touchscreen is standard on wakesetters and sunsetters.

Not a fan of the steering wheel.

Edited by oceanbu

CRAZY!! Wow. I don't know what it is about Malibu's but I just can't get enough!

Alrighty I will be the first to ask...How long is that touch screen thing going to last? You are with your crew, wet driving for each other and touching the screen with your wet hands, nevermind the odd chilli dip of the bow. Will it short out?

I am assuming the boys at Malibu have thought these things through since the touchscreen is standard on wakesetters and sunsetters.

Yeah it looks pretty bad :vomit:, then again maybe it's something all the other manufacturers won't try and copy from them either.

Edited by 06vlx

Alrighty I will be the first to ask...How long is that touch screen thing going to last? You are with your crew, you are wet, driving for each other and touching the screen with your wet hands, nevermind the odd chilli dip of the bow. Will it short out?

Kind looks bumpercaresque. Put a nice foam pad in the center and that is what you have.

This may be a stupid question but couldn't you swap out the steering wheel for a another wheel? Even if you had to order it separate from Malibu. I don't know how much this 2011 wheel is going to grow on me. I really likes the previous ones much better.

Edited by Samson

This may be a stupid question but couldn't you swap out the steering wheel for a another wheel? Even if you had to order it separate from Malibu. I don't know how much this 2011 wheel is going to grow on me. I really likes the previous ones much better.

Yes very easily, just get another Isotta steering wheel you liked. In fact if ordering a boat I wonder if you could get a different wheel from the factory?

Yes very easily, just get another Isotta steering wheel you liked. In fact if ordering a boat I wonder if you could get a different wheel from the factory?

That's what I was thinking. Maybe you could get an Isotta installed if you order one. I just don't think the 1 spoke wheel does the interior justice.

That's what I was thinking. Maybe you could get an Isotta installed if you order one. I just don't think the 1 spoke wheel does the interior justice.

That steering wheel is an Isotta, just a different model than they've been using for the last few years. Isotta has tons of different styles.

Agree on the wheel. Just looks dumb, and when driving slalom, especially in the course, I like having spokes at the 3 and 9 positions or thereabouts.

That, and with such a large single spoke, I'd imagine it will get in the way a lot. When I'm turning a tight turn at the end of the course, I keep my head up and am often looking around the turn. When you go to reach for a spot on the wheel and the spoke is the width of your fingers, that's gonna be annoying.

Everything else though... damn... I wish I had touchpads and LCDs like that in my truck.

Edited by UWSkier

I agree with the wheel thing too, but man these boats are looking incredible. Inside and out, I feel nothing comes clsoe to the bu's. The white G3 looks fantastic with the white VLX and LSV's. Just awesome.. well done again malibu.

Sweet I don't have to worry about wanting a 2011.

Hate to agree still haven't seen anything to make me want to sale my boat for a new one. Personally I think they are going a little far with the touchscrenns and computer gadgets, too many moisture concerns for me.

2011's look amazing! Just saw a 247 at Norris Lake this weekend (No Wake Marine's Annual Malibu beach party)...WOW! The touchscreen is really nice! We just bought a 2010 LSV and love it...now we have more gadgets to add! :) Well done!