Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

CraftLander Lifts?

MadDogMike

I have a Craftlander 45108 vertical aluminum lift that I bought used and I have had great service from it. It was about 10 years old when I got it. I needed some nylon slides and an instruction manual for it, so I contacted the company directly to buy the parts I needed and they answered all my questions. Great people to deal with. I added a Commander drive motor and wheels to roll it in and out of the lake. I had my Cougar 22MTR on it for 2 summers and I will use it for my '02 RLX this summer. No problems, go for it, you won't be sorry. I attached a link to photos of my Cougar that shows the boat on the lift.

Let me know if you have any questions, Gary.

http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/dd38/Hydrogasm/

They are hard to find used. I found mine on eBay and actually bought 2. The other one neded some work. I had them shipped from Mich. to NS, expensive but I couldn't find one locally. I re-sold the other one to get some of the cost. I have seen a few of them on there for sale lately but I don't recall any in your area. I have seen some boats for sale that state the lift is also available as well. You might get lucky and find a situation like that the buyer doesn't want the lift. I keep my eyes open for something like that and if I find something, I'll let you know.

Good luck

Gary

I have a Craftlander 45108 vertical aluminum lift that I bought used and I have had great service from it. It was about 10 years old when I got it. I needed some nylon slides and an instruction manual for it, so I contacted the company directly to buy the parts I needed and they answered all my questions. Great people to deal with. I added a Commander drive motor and wheels to roll it in and out of the lake. I had my Cougar 22MTR on it for 2 summers and I will use it for my '02 RLX this summer. No problems, go for it, you won't be sorry. I attached a link to photos of my Cougar that shows the boat on the lift.

Let me know if you have any questions, Gary.

http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/dd38/Hydrogasm/

Ot thats one nasty boat you have!!!! Thumbup.gif

JayHoy

Which one do you mean? The Cougar or the Response? I have the Cougar for sale, if you know anyone looking for a 90+ mph ride, let me know.

MadDogMike

Check out Floe lifts as well. They have an Easy Level System that uses a cordless drill to adjust the legs, so you don't even get wet.

Thanks

Gary

Thanks. How 'bout Summit lifts? Anybody have any experience with them? Almost as cheap as the Craftlander. http://www.boathoistdirect.com/index.php?v...p;product_id=19

I have a Summit hydraulic lift, and I think it is great. Before and after the sale, I was in contact many times with the owner, Jim. He is a great guy and will help you out in any way he can. When I was first installing it (on a Saturday), I had an issue with making the hydraulic connections. I called thinking that I would get his VM, and he answered! He helped me out and the lift was working within minutes.

He also designed a bow stop for me. He didn't have one already developed, so he gave me a break on the price. It looks and works great!

The lift is mostly aluminum, so it is very light - less than 500 lbs for a 6000# lift - and extremely fast - less than 30 sec to completely lower or lift. I can install it in the Spring and remove it in the Fall with just an air mattress. It's not as fancy as the Floe (if I had the money, I would have bought a Floe VSD), but it really gets the job done.

When I purchase anything, I REALLY do my homework (ask my friends and wife; they get exasperated with me!). I looked at Floe, Craftlander, Shorestation, Shoremaster, and Hewitt, just to name a few. I decided that the best value for me was the Summit. I wanted something fast, powered, quiet, 12V (I also got the solar panel to keep the battery charged), light weight, strong, and well designed. Just an example of the superior design: The hydraulics close when the lift is in the up position (where it is most of the time), so the shafts are protected from zebra mussels and other debris. This will significantly lengthen the life of the hydraulics. All other parts of the lift are either aluminum or stainless steel.

I would strongly recommend looking at a Summit, even if you don't go with hydraulic. Others that I found that are on par for manual lifts are Hewitt and Craftlander. My brother-in-law and most everyone else on his lake have Hewitt cantilever, and they swear by them. They are an extremely simple design.

Does anybody have any experience with CraftLander boat lifts? I did a search on the forum and found the name mentioned only once. The previous poster said CraftLander was previously known as Nucraft. http://www.craftlander.com/

The price is more attractive than other boat lifts: http://stores.ebay.com/Lakefront-Fix

I have the Lakeside 45108 as well. It is just a different sticker on the crank wheel, I verified the info on the steel tag on the lift. I purchased it through ebay as well, but the company has a site that had the same prices. It is lakesidelift.com

I couldnt be happier. The company is about 45 minutes from me so I drove over and picked it up. They might be worth a look as well.

I wonder why all the boat lift companies are up in MI, MN, WI, etc.? Nothing on the east or west coasts or down here in the south.

I wonder why all the boat lift companies are up in MI, MN, WI, etc.? Nothing on the east or west coasts or down here in the south.

There are several on the east coast and down south, but mostly overhead boat house lifts & PWC lifts. We do not see the free standing stuff on our lake or made around my area.

A couple examples:

This brand is sold through Overton's: Doozie Boat Lifts (his son is on the pro wakeboard tour btw)

Ultimate Boat Lift Store (small operation but good stuff with good pricing)

One in Atlanta Float Lift

I know I saw several shops in Florida when we lived down there.

There are several on the east coast and down south, but mostly overhead boat house lifts & PWC lifts. We do not see the free standing stuff on our lake or made around my area.

Yeah, on the lakes with fluctuating levels (Army Corp lakes like Lanier, West Point, etc.) I see more of the "Hydro-Hoist" pneumatic-type lifts. But on Oconee, Sinclair and Jackson I see the free-standing lifts all over the place. Just surprised that nobody down here makes them.

• 1 month later...

Should I get the vertical foam guide-ons? Seems like if I positioned the lift at just the right depth in the water, I could effectively use the bunks as a guide-on. (After all, I don't have guide-ons on my trailer!)

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old post, but does anyone have experience with the Craftlander high top canopy? I was recently speaking with a local dealer that spoke and showed me pictures of a canopy similar to the Floe canopy. While speaking with Craftlander they informed me that some of their dealers offer their frames with a zipper open end canopy design. Apparently the had a bunch of pontoon boat owners that wanted it for Bimini tops. After looking at it, the design seems that it would work well with a tower installed. I'm a new boat owner and now shopping for a lift and canopy, the price seems to be fair with the Craftlander models compared to the Shorestation, Shoremaster, and Floe lifts that I have looked at. Any feed back would be much appreciated, especially if you can recommend a place that was pleasant to deal with in Michigan.