Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Chopper Boats

Lieutenant Dan

We'll see what happens if immigration rolls through them factories.

I bet they'll have to close the plant for a day or two.

We'll see what happens if immigration rolls through them factories.

I bet they'll have to close the plant for a day or two.

I was quietly wondering that as I toured the Malibu plant in Merced last summer. I wonder if all of those guys are legal...

• 10 years later...

I own the blue Chopper Boat, Love it, it's been a great boat, tons of power, black scorpion, only issue I have had was a burned up impeller on the ballast. I was told the owner of Chopper legit acquired the molds from MB, began manufacturing and MB got a cease and desist on him for pretty much duplicating the specs of MB? 

• 2 years later...

To dispel all the guessing and rumors I own a Chopper Model CH357 and was there when the original owner ordered the boat. It is a MB B52 Mold with the 6.2 Black Scorpion. Very well built and have never had a single issue. If I had any complaints it would be to get the really big surf wave even with the ballast I have to use a wake shaper but I am content with my $400 purchase of a wake shaper than throwing down over $150k on a new surf boat.