Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Response Txi 2012 electronic issue

Watchurst

I have a 2012  Malibu Response Txi. I am receiving intermittent Service warnings and the onboard Maliview indicates an inactive fault. This shows up as, Spn 91 fmi 16 pps1 and Spn 29 fmi 1  pps2. On startup, if this sevice warning message appears, the boat will go into limo mode. I shut it down, restart and the limp mode disappears. The problem is however intermittent so very difficult to diagnose. I initially thought that the problem occurs when wecrun the boat off both batteries, IE thecswitch is on battery 1&2, but after testing this weekend, it ran fine on all settings. I have received advice where it is indicated that it looks like the throttle position sensor is out of tolerance. Apparently it has 2 potentiometers and the ecu is getting conflicting readings, hence the limp mode. It was indicated that I should look at the data for the throttle position. Should have 2 readings. Ideally  should be the same. I have no idea if this advice is correct and it is way over my head as I do not really understand electronics. So, has anybody out there ever had this problem and if so,  how did you manage to fix same. Any advice would be appreciated.