Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VTX winterizinf ballast tanks

3 of my antisiphon duck bills went out this last winter.  Dealer stated that i didnt winterize them properly.  Is that a load of bull.  Makes no sense either because i pumped antifreeze into the tanks, and there is no way water would be sitting at the duck bill.

18 hours ago, klingsdesigns said:

3 of my antisiphon duck bills went out this last winter.  Dealer stated that i didnt winterize them properly.  Is that a load of bull.  Makes no sense either because i pumped antifreeze into the tanks, and there is no way water would be sitting at the duck bill.

There is no way water would be in the antisiphons. I'm going to have to call bs on your dealer. Most people do not even put antifreeze I the tanks. If you drain them, there might still be a little water left in, but it has plenty of room to expand.

2 hours ago, Raimie said:

There is no way water would be in the antisiphons. I'm going to have to call bs on your dealer. Most people do not even put antifreeze I the tanks. If you drain them, there might still be a little water left in, but it has plenty of room to expand.

That was my understanding as well.. Funny thing is they were supposed to keep it in heated storage, and then when it was warmer work on it.. I have a feeling when we got some cold spells when they were working on it, that is sat outside.