Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 Malibu 24 MXZ

RockyMountainHigh

Greetings to you all. I just purchased a 2018 Malibu 24 MXZ. Boat runs great, but it’s the “little things” that piss me off when I spend $170k for a new boat; SXM Radio was supposed to be “SXM Ready”, but now I find out that I need a module and antenna?! You have got to be s***ting me! And no FM Antenna?! Ditto! Absolutely ridiculous and cannot even get Malibu to answer my email? Gonna be shopping for a new boat elsewhere in 2019. Their heads have gotten too big for their helmets! 😡

6 hours ago, RockyMountainHigh said:

Greetings to you all. I just purchased a 2018 Malibu 24 MXZ. Boat runs great, but it’s the “little things” that piss me off when I spend $170k for a new boat; SXM Radio was supposed to be “SXM Ready”, but now I find out that I need a module and antenna?! You have got to be s***ting me! And no FM Antenna?! Ditto! Absolutely ridiculous and cannot even get Malibu to answer my email? Gonna be shopping for a new boat elsewhere in 2019. Their heads have gotten too big for their helmets! 😡

Sirius radio is not FM. Your boat has an FM antenna. As the poster stated above. Ready does not mean equipped.

What email address did you send the email to? They have always been receptive and answered any email I have sent. I'm pretty sure that many here would say the same. Perhaps you are one of those that expect an immediate reply from a company that literally has thousands of emails and phone calls every week from people from the beginning of production all the way to the current product.

Shopping for a new boat in 19?

With your 1st post it would probably be best that you "fire the customer" yourself. With a 1st post like that I'd say you must be an absolute joy.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, RockyMountainHigh said:

Really? Its 2018 and you dont know what "SXM Ready" means?? And there is an FM antenna. FM is never stellar on boats as you have no vertical.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Nitrousbird said:

How does one spend 170k on a 24MXZ?   Other than paying MSRP and you would have to be pretty "special" to do that. 

Troll.  

I was wondering the same thing

2 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

How does one spend 170k on a 24MXZ?   Other than paying MSRP and you would have to be pretty "special" to do that. 

Troll.  

You could come pretty close with a G4 tower, the 575 engine and bow thruster options.

1 hour ago, IXFE said:

Why did YOU respond?

@23LSVOwner

“He seems to have a trend of Malibu negativity in my observations”

Truly interested in why bother to smoke him out,  AND i went out of my way to praise the 24mxz 17’ vintage based on very fond recollections of surfing its brothers the 17’ m235 and 18 23lsv in chappys recent delivery post.  I think i called it the fleets flagship wakeboard boat and best wave at surfest 17 Lanier even though it was a lesson boat on Friday

specifically stated that I loved the wave of all 3 Crown Jewels of the line up MXZ the best with no extra bow weight when the 2 others did. So no negativity towards the brand-in fact I’m becoming a bigger fan of the wakes and now want to ride those big hull wakes

my negativity has and always will be with my dealer experience I do sort of hold BU accountable cause now their not a BU dealer and I was forced by other dealerships based on BU’ allowable practice that you must order from your own crappy dealer 

good news is with forum I can now do my own maintenance and not be ripped of by my dealer for unnecessary and over priced services and  have my boat handed back to me not in the condition I gave  it to them repeatedly, all the while making appointments for service 

i do speak very favorably of the G series brand cause if one heck of a fun year on that wave when I couldn’t ride wake

finally saw a big weakness in the 18 G at a contest 3 weeks ago where it overheated at sea level for load issues with a 2:1 and 17” until they drained some water, so I do call it as I see it in my inexperienced inboard observations in the last 4 years

in fact still love G’s but stated in other posts that I think the wave got worse after the redesign of the 13’ year with the spray issues and after the same surfest that I surfed the MXZ and M and rated the Malibu’s above the g23 and g 25 though I still think G NSS transfers did and still do blow away surfgate transfers and new full wave formation time

so as i said , call em as I see em

Edited by granddaddy55
18 hours ago, RockyMountainHigh said:

That is as ridiculous as someone finding the perfect girl and dumping her because she doesn't wear earrings.

Edited by bbattiste247
  • Like 2
19 hours ago, RockyMountainHigh said:

i have a 2017 230 i will trade u lol

• Like 2
21 hours ago, RockyMountainHigh said:

I think he just raised being a total douche to a whole new level.

• Like 3

You guys are horrible.  This poor guy just bought a $170k boat, he is entitled to some sympathy.

Ok, haha, I can’t keep a straight face anymore....

I think this is one of those times where the OP thought that brand bashing on the internet was going to give him the leverage with the dealer or the manufacturer that he wanted. I don’t think he knew his audience. :werule:

Personally, I can’t wait to see his new thread when he finds all of his “extras” in the bildge. 

Edited by hunter77ah
  • Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
5 hours ago, hunter77ah said:

You guys are horrible.  This poor guy just bought a $170k boat he is entitled to some sympathy.

I think this is one of those times where the OP thought that brand bashing on the internet was going to give him the leverage with the dealer or the manufacturer that he wanted. I don’t think he knew his audience. :werule:

Personally, I can’t wait to see his new thread when he finds all of his “extras” in the bildge. 

In his imaginary boat? I’ve found zero in my 2019. 

• Like 3
On 8/10/2018 at 11:40 PM, hunter77ah said:

You guys are horrible.  This poor guy just bought a $170k boat he is entitled to some sympathy.

I'm not sure that he will be back, at least with that name.