Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Crackle in one tower speaker

McMiller

I have developed a crackle in one tower speaker that gets worse as the day progresses, right now in the AM no crackle, by 8pm yesterday I was so annoyed I just unplugged the speaker.  I’ve checked all the RCAs are tight, could it be in the speaker wires?  It’s the factory wiring in the G4 tower, I installed the exile XM9’s and an exile AMP as well as a WS420 so I know all that is done right. I have switched the speakers and it’s always the left side, crackle doesn’t travel with the speaker. Any thoughts on next step to trace the problem?

Update:  I tested a new RCA cable from EQ to amp, still crackle, I ran new speaker wire to the speaker still crackles.  I swapped the speaker wires on the amp and it switches so I guess it’s the one channel of the amp is bad after it gets hot?  It sounded great for 3.5hrs today before it started crackling!  Anyone heard of this happening on an Amp before?  It’s an Exile XM30.2.

Did you swap the RCA at the EQ, sending a different output to the amp? Changing out the RCA eliminated the RCA, but not the source. Put the tower on the in-boat outputs and in-boat amp on the tower output and run it. 

20 hours ago, MLA said:

Did you swap the RCA at the EQ, sending a different output to the amp? Changing out the RCA eliminated the RCA, but not the source. Put the tower on the in-boat outputs and in-boat amp on the tower output and run it. 

Update this morning, I swapped the RCA at the EQ, clear and perfect for two hours.  It’s now starting to Crackle so it’s not the EQ or the RCA cables.   I also just plugged the tower speaker wire into the in-boat Amp and it’s clear & perfect so it’s nit the speaker wire, I also have been connecting the phone directly to the EQ, so I think it has to be the Amp.  Anyone know why the speakers sound so much louder and better through the WS420 blue tooth instead of connected through the Malibu BLuetooth?

5 minutes ago, McMiller said:

Anyone know why the speakers sound so much louder and better through the WS420 blue tooth instead of connected through the Malibu BLuetooth?

Output level. The integrated malibu BT is weaker then the EQ's BT.