Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Axis updates

3 hours ago, cptotr said:

I agree. I was getting bored with the old gel schemes. I was ready to see a change. I like it. 

Just looks busy to me.  I love the 2018 flip side look.  But I certainly understand how others might find it unappealing with the big blocks of color.

Did they change the tower speakers as well? They look bigger on that A22, something more like a 10" vs the current 8s we have had for the last couple of seasons. 

You can get rev 10s now. I'm not sure which stereo pack it is. I think MAYBE SP3 was changed from 2 x rev410 to 4 x Rev 10. Just a hunch.

Edited by boardjnky4

E936BB97-CF32-429A-A63A-4CC539A4C4EE_zpsFound this pic on fb, guy just took delivery of his 19 A24, looks to be the same brand, as a lot of us had speculated. Fingers still crossed that it is direct replacement. Still not in love with only 2 zones. 

Edited by Cboom12

Looking at an 2019 A22 now. 

Couple things:

New driver seat, swivel is an option.

Phone holder is an option

PWIII requires purchase of SurfPipe

Chillax Flip Up Seat (lounge area) is heafty addon (2x as much as the link in the other thread) $499

A22 has the glove box similar to the A24 and a fiberglassed in Sub (10 comes with audio package 2) 

Each set of Icon 8s are $1000

• Like 2

Saw the A22 in person this weekend and that phone holder looks even cheaper in person.  Someone is going to snag a towel on it and rip it right off the dash. 

It's less of a pickle fork and more of a blunt nose boat.  Not a fan of the look but it makes the bow seating really wide.  The nose is also really flat under giving it a little bit of a duck bill look. 

Surfgate has a contour instead of flat paddles. 

10 hours ago, agarabaghi said:

I am tempted to deleted the mobile phone holder and the igloo cooler if possible (that are both crap).

I think you're better off with an AO cooler we have the 38 stow n go and it works great in our 15' A22

18 hours ago, agarabaghi said:

I am tempted to deleted the mobile phone holder and the igloo cooler if possible (that are both crap).

I passed on the cooler on principal alone. $200 or whatever it is for a $30 Walmart igloo. No thanks. 

2019 A22 ordered. 

No mobile phone holder as i have no need to see my phone.

No cooler. 

PW3 + Surf Pipe

Swivel Seat (add on)

Stainless Cup holders

Surf Gate + band

410 + high altitude prop 

PNP vented

1 hour ago, agarabaghi said:

2019 A22 ordered. 

No mobile phone holder as i have no need to see my phone.

No cooler. 

PW3 + Surf Pipe

Swivel Seat (add on)

Stainless Cup holders

Surf Gate + band

410 + high altitude prop 

PNP vented

Builder pics??

• Like 1

If you watch the shorter video looks like the new T23 is in that line up of boats in the beginning. It's tucked in the middle, azure and grey and you can see a good shot of the new speaker grilles on the tower.

The 12 minute video now online is pretty good, just wish they showed the wake though.  too late, however, just got spray date, and order is locked.  haha.  I do have to say even though I'm biased, I really really like the design.  

20 hours ago, Cboom12 said:

I passed on the cooler on principal alone. $200 or whatever it is for a $30 Walmart igloo. No thanks. 

108 list, but still wish I had unchecked that box...

40 minutes ago, onewake09 said:

Why did you go a22 over t22?

The T22 compared to my 2017 T23 just didnt do it for me.

The A22 should be a bit roomier and its all new for 2019 so my dealer was able to work something out. 

Plus the dock will look sick with the A24 and A22 now.... plus now Tony Carroll cant make fun of me for not having a pickle nose.

The cooler is pointless.

I can always order the mobile phone holder.

Side note. The grab handles and front of the A22 are doing it for me. Those handles look well thought off as does the seat. And the nose going through the water in the video looks great for a pickle nose ha