Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Axis updates

There are 40 pages of information on the Malibu side of the forum for 2019 updates.  Obviously it's mostly about Malibu with a little bit of Axis stuff scattered throughout. Anyone know of any big changes coming down the line for Axis boats? Anybody ordered a 2019 Axis yet? 

Not a 'big' change, but there is a nice improvement to the driver's seat across the board on Axis. Seeing how Axis got PTM clamping racks and PWII as options last year, I'm not holding my breath for anything that major this year. There were rumors of another model though... maybe a T20 or T25?

I don't know if it's because I've had an Axis for the last three years or not, but I'm ready to see some updated paint schemes and/or colors on the Axis. I'm getting tired of seeing the same thing. I want to stay with the Axis and want an A24 for the price and with the addition of power wedge, 17" prop, 2:1 tranny, etc...  but still want to have something that looks good and new to me. 

T23 and A22 are totally new boats. 

2018 got the sea foam colors for axis and new interior materials. 

They are going to start rolling out the new models soon. We have access to the 22 LSV and the 21 MLX info now. Nothing from axis side yet. 

I keep hearing that the 2019 T23 will be updated this year. I’ve also noticed that some guys have even ordered one already. Does anyone have any specifics yet? Most likely a new hull design, but is it getting a 17” prop too like the A24 last year? 

8 hours ago, st22eve said:

New T23, A22, PW3 with surfpipe, wetsounds MC-1 HU. Haven't heard much else. 

The lone pic ive seen of a 2019 axis didnt have an MC-1 in it. Even from a pic far away i could tell. The button layout was way different. 

11 hours ago, cptotr said:

That’s interesting. I didn’t figure the axis would get the pw3 right away. 

From what I was told PW2 is going away, being replaced with PW3. For axis you will have the option of PW3 or FFW. If you go with PW3 you HAVE to get the surfpipe as an option also. I've also heard to get a swivel seat you will have to select it as an option.

Edited by st22eve

There is a rendering on onlyinboards of a new 2019 a22 for sale. Gel lines are way different...definitely along the lines of the t22, but a little wacky IMO. I like my t22 a little more now. 

34 minutes ago, st22eve said:

From what I was told PW2 is going away, being replaced with PW3. For axis you will have the option of PW3 or FWW. If you go with PW3 you HAVE to get the surfpipe as an option also. I've also heard to get a swivel seat you will have to select it as an option.

This makes a lot of sense.  Many of the earnings calls for Malibu have stressed increasing margins per unit through the use of add-on options.  Now to get the latest and greatest, you get dealt PW3 AND SURFPIPE add-on costs.  From a production standpoint, it doesn't sound effective to keep PW2, so you either go all the way, or stick with floating wedge.

20 minutes ago, Anderson24 said:

There is a rendering on onlyinboards of a new 2019 a22 for sale. Gel lines are way different...definitely along the lines of the t22, but a little wacky IMO. I like my t22 a little more now. 

Gel lines are definitely different but I like the toned down pickle forks, looks like they followed the 21 MLX a bit with the new bow design.

looks like a shorter A24 =D...

There is one at tommys dealer here in FL but it is still wrapped. Gonna see if they will let me poke my head in it. 

Full photos are on the dealer website. Moses Marine.  I hope it’s just the photo angle but the interior pic of the GatorStep looks a bit off around the center drain. It appears it is not very flush.

I just saw one in person. I think it looks great. They've re-done all of the speaker grills. Still Wetsounds, but with custom Axis grills to match the boat. Looks really sharp.

Still can't figure out what brand the headunit is, but I didn't get into the boat.

The interior feels really good. I think they once again gave it a nice, overdue bump in vinyl quality. Not quite Malibu-level, as expected, but a notable step up.

On 7/28/2018 at 11:32 PM, st22eve said:

New T23, A22, PW3 with surfpipe, wetsounds MC-1 HU. Haven't heard much else. 

Its not mc1 its an mc35 not sure on brand.