Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Won't exceed 2100 rpm - governed?

I have a 2015 LSV and the throttle has no effect past 2100 RPM. I can take it back to idle and back anywhere up until 2100 RPM. Then it just stays at 2100 anywhere past that.

I know the oil pressure is reading 0 right now, I think the sensor or something may be gone. Is the computer known to limit RPM upon low oil pressure?

Any ideas?

8 minutes ago, macdonjo said:

I have a 2015 LSV and the throttle has no effect past 2100 RPM. I can take it back to idle and back anywhere up until 2100 RPM. Then it just stays at 2100 anywhere past that.

I know the oil pressure is reading 0 right now, I think the sensor or something may be gone. Is the computer known to limit RPM upon low oil pressure?

Any ideas?

Sounds like limp mode due to low oil pressure.

Just now, formulaben said:

Sounds like limp mode due to low oil pressure.

I was thinking that too but wanted to confirm. Do you know what RPM limp mode is at?

Not sure, but I believe it is between 2000-2500 depending on the issue (overheat, oil pressure, etc.)   For sure I wouldn't run it if you verify oil pressure is low or zero.

2 minutes ago, formulaben said:

Not sure, but I believe it is between 2000-2500 depending on the issue (overheat, oil pressure, etc.)   For sure I wouldn't run it if you verify oil pressure is low or zero.

Mechanic confirmed oil pressure is good. We were on a sea trial and boat has damage history.

The oil pressure sensor will put it in limp mode if it goes bad. The oil pressure on mine was running anywhere from 0-12 psi then bouncing to a normal 25 psi at idle with in the first 10 minutes of me changing the oil and filter! You never know on those things.

17 hours ago, wdr said:

The oil pressure sensor will put it in limp mode if it goes bad. The oil pressure on mine was running anywhere from 0-12 psi then bouncing to a normal 25 psi at idle with in the first 10 minutes of me changing the oil and filter! You never know on those things.

Mine is at zero and has not ever moved. Changed oil twice.

Is there anyway of cleaning it or should I just go ahead and buy a new one?

7 hours ago, macdonjo said:

Mine is at zero and has not ever moved. Changed oil twice.

Is there anyway of cleaning it or should I just go ahead and buy a new one?

Buy a new one. Pulled mine and walked into Advanced Auto and had them match a new one for $70.00 less than the going rate.