Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New 2018 LSV. Questions ?

dalt1

On 7/13/2018 at 11:14 AM, dalt1 said:

So this is the Correct oil from Walmart? Can't see the specs from pics but will check them at store when I can see it.image.thumb.png.b3af46a3ad9de0028804acbdfbce6ebe.pngWhat would the difference be between Semi Syn and Full? BBook calls for Senmi

On 7/13/2018 at 11:21 AM, pauley71 said:

Yes - at this price ... no need for blend.  I think blends were supposed to be a cheaper alternative to full syn.

So using this full Syn is OK in place of the required Semi Syn?

I use that full syn Mobil 1 oil as well.  And the Mann filters.  FYI, the Mann filter off Amazon always comes with a new o-ring.  The local Napa I bought once did not.  

18 hours ago, hethj7 said:

I use that full syn Mobil 1 oil as well.  And the Mann filters.  FYI, the Mann filter off Amazon always comes with a new o-ring.  The local Napa I bought once did not.  

Napa i got have O ring. Checked before I left the counter.

6) from original post. Where do we find parts for Malibu built trailers? Want to check on matching wheel and tire for spare. Anyone know the Manufacturer and model of the stock wheel?image.thumb.png.f7bbc8216e5f0080438bd17321b6030c.png

22 hours ago, dalt1 said:

6) from original post. Where do we find parts for Malibu built trailers? Want to check on matching wheel and tire for spare. Anyone know the Manufacturer and model of the stock wheel?image.thumb.png.f7bbc8216e5f0080438bd17321b6030c.png

You can order them from your dealer.

I *think* they get them from here:

http://www.tredittire.com/contact-us

You might send a picture of yours and they might be able to get you a name?

Can I talk a couple questions on to this one?

1) there sees to be a tilt function on the CS surf Bimini to access the storage, but I can't get it to tilt once everything is stretched out.  Is there a trick?

2) is there like a pairing function for the surf band?  It doesn't seem to be working out of the box and the manual isn't helpful

35 minutes ago, ajive said:

1) there sees to be a tilt function on the CS surf Bimini to access the storage, but I can't get it to tilt once everything is stretched out.  Is there a trick?

2) is there like a pairing function for the surf band?  It doesn't seem to be working out of the box and the manual isn't helpful

On the surfband, no need to pair it. Did you open the battery compartment and remove the plastic over the battery?  Should work when boat is running.  Not sure I understand your first question. 

2 hours ago, ajive said:

There is a setting to turn the surf band off and on on your touch screens.

Ok.  The setting is on and the battery is in correctly.  I wasn't actually surfing yesterday just trying to manage the sterio volume as a test, maybe it needs to be locked in at speed or something?  I can try a new battery today as well.

21 hours ago, surfdude said:

Does anyone know what prop the 19’s are gonna have? 16?

Rumor has it no changes. IMO The 23 deserves a 17"/2:1 trans.  I am hoping rumor I heard was incorrect. 

• Like 2
On 7/11/2018 at 8:58 PM, IXFE said:

I just changed my oil on Saturday (Raptor 410). I used Mobile 1 5w30 available from Walmart for $25 per 5 quarts. The manual calls for 8 quarts so you’ll have some leftover for next time!

i bought my filter from my dealer for $15. It was an Indmar branded filter. 

Doing 10 hr oil change. The filter that was in from factory says Volvo right on it's end cap. I replaced it with a Napa 7186.

Edited by dalt1

Are you doing anything else as part of your 10 hour?  I know that at the minimum it's recommend to check shaft alignment.

I really don't want to pay the shop $300+ for what amounts to a visual inspection and an oil change, but I don't want to leave out anything significant that they actually do that could prevent later issues.

FWIW, I bring up the allignment check only because this boat is running a bit more rough than my '13 with the GM block.  It could very well just be the different motor and mechanicals, but I'm not sure.  It's definitely not "bad," just more than I'm used to.

On 7/22/2018 at 11:37 AM, Fman said:

Rumor has it no changes. IMO The 23 deserves a 17"/2:1 trans.  I am hoping rumor I heard was incorrect. 

I heard from Malibu rep (back at March boat show) that Malibu was waiting on the 17" prop b/c of the pending GM motor changes.  They didn't want to mess with the motor/shaft geometry changes for one year with the Ford motor.  Seemed reasonable but again ... not gospel, just what I heard.  Seems reasonable they will do the 17" with the final GM power plant.

Until its on the lot .. they are all rumors.

9 hours ago, ajive said:

Are you doing anything else as part of your 10 hour?  I know that at the minimum it's recommend to check shaft alignment.

I really don't want to pay the shop $300+ for what amounts to a visual inspection and an oil change, but I don't want to leave out anything significant that they actually do that could prevent later issues.

FWIW, I bring up the allignment check only because this boat is running a bit more rough than my '13 with the GM block.  It could very well just be the different motor and mechanicals, but I'm not sure.  It's definitely not "bad," just more than I'm used to.

I’ll do shaft alignment check and adjust after this next weekend. I did check that it was tight. Had an 06 that came loose and rattled around a bit. My 12 needed small adjustments. Did it once and done. 

19 hours ago, pauley71 said:

I heard from Malibu rep (back at March boat show) that Malibu was waiting on the 17" prop b/c of the pending GM motor changes.  They didn't want to mess with the motor/shaft geometry changes for one year with the Ford motor.  Seemed reasonable but again ... not gospel, just what I heard.  Seems reasonable they will do the 17" with the final GM power plant.

Until its on the lot .. they are all rumors.

They already have the GM based 409 running a 17" prop/2:1 on the Axis A24, along with the 25LSV Raptor 17"/2:1 as well.  I am "guessing" a large majority of average joe buyers probably would not care until they actually experienced the difference between a 15" and 17" prop with a 2:1.  With the added weight of the new 23LSV just seems like it would make sense to go all in and give it every bit of performance possible regardless of GM or Ford based power plant.

So where did they hide the wedge fuse box?  Accidentally hit the wedge down while cleaning the screen in the garage and had to resort to the spin-the-paddle wheel method to force it back up.

Edited by ajive
10 hours ago, ajive said:

So where did they hide the wedge fuse box?  Accidentally hit the wedge down while cleaning the screen in the garage and had to resort to the spin-the-paddle wheel method to force it back up.

Just go into debug assist in the settings on the 7" and tap the + or - to move it. Don't need to spin the wheel.