Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New 2018 A22

ten85echo

Bimini extension , is that the one I’ve seen that covers bow on much older Axis? Haven’t seen a picture of one since I was shopping in 2013?

Or are they finally dealing with the ridiculous short bimini they put in these boats since they went to the easy fold tower.  The back seating area of cockpit and good bit of  sides is in sun, 

snd with Axis  bimini so high , it seems worthless , my a20 bimini is the perfect huge size with old style tower top bar over the back of the rear seat , but even mine is too high, letting in too much early and late sun, awesome at midday

snd that’s one pretty rig with the purple matching trailer

Edited by granddaddy55
ahopkins22LSV

Nice looking boat and tow rig!

For surfing, fill all, speed 10.8-11.0, I'd start with wedge at 1 or two and go from there making minor adjustments to speed/wedge. You might want to experiment with a bit of additional bow weight at well. It should be pretty dialed in from the start though!

Thanks guys....it has the power wedge....going out to play with it today...last time I had about 8 people and full ballast and the boat wouldn’t go faster than 10..has the 2773 prop. I drained some ballast and played with the wedge settings and moved peeps around, all was well. Going to play with it more today.

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV

Nothing wrong with draining some rear ballast with a bunch of people in the boat. I feel like sometimes people get caught up with have MAX BALLAST ALL THE TIME. (not saying you did) I am just saying that if you have more people in the boat then normal then you don't need as much water ballast :)

1 hour ago, Pnwrider said:

Why is the wedge down on the trailer? Might want to make sure you stow the wedge or use the go home button next time you’re on your way back to the dock. 

Haven't we all forgot to put the wedge up at least once? :)

Ya emptied some ballast helped a lot ... and I get what your saying about no need to be over weighted with water and people. Wedge was down because I moved it to clean and would not go to the stowed position. Is there a way to get it in stow with out being in water and moving?