Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

16 VTX stereo cutting in and out

Goodjhunting

Hey guys.. long time lurker pretty recent poster..

I've got a 16 VTX and when I picked it up the dealer put in a new sub and 2 Rev 10s with accompanying amps. Saturday when out on the water, I had different speakers cutting in and out at different times. Checked the connections at the amps and everything appears tightly connected. Later in the day on the way back to the slip, my bluetooth seemed to be cutting out; the song would be playing and then it was like the bluetooth turned off, and then turned back on picking up where the song left off. I could see the right screen cycle off, like the stereo power button was hit and then hit again to turn bluetooth back on. I checked the connections into the back of that screen and everything appeared tightly connected there as well. 

I'm not all that electronic savy, I used to play with installing systems in our cars when we were in high school, but that was 15 years ago. What else do I need to check here? Pull the REV10s and check the connection at the speaker is my next step when I pull it out to get ready for a Thursday-Sunday trip, but it seemed like the right side cabin speakers might have been cutting in and out, too. The REV10s were 100% cutting out because it was happening while I was surfing and could easily distinguish that cutting in and out. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Id start at the batteries. Sounds like a voltage issue. The speakers and amps will not effect the blue tooth, but they both require proper voltage to operate. Improper amp tuning can also cause speakers to drop out. Either  amp goes into protect mode or the speaker tweeter cuts off to protect itself.