Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Iphone Bluetooth Issues 2017 LSV 23

guitarcrazy

I have searched and can't find an answer.  My 2017 is great except Bluetooth pairing is terrible.  When I pair my Samsung S8 it pairs every time with no issues.  When my wife or daughter want to pair their iphones it is a nightmare.  I go into the settings menu and cancel pairing with my S8.  I turn Bluetooth off on my S8.  The screen still shows the last song that was playing on my phone, even though it is no longer paired.  I try to connect the Iphone and it just keeps bring up "forget iphone?" prompt on screen.  The only way I have been able to pair an iphone is to turn Bluetooth off on stereo, rutn off on phone, then rename Bluetooth, then turn Bluetooth on in settings menu, then turn on Bluetooth on phone.  Then it will see a new device name and pair, and usually then we can listen to music. It is a horribly clumsy and time consuming process.  Surely someone has a fix for this issue.  Software upgrade?  Thanks. 

I had a strange BT issue this weekend.

2017 -stereo delete, wife’s phone was connected to the exile BT DMC but the main screen kept giving me a pop up BT connect request for her phone. It did not do this last year that I ever remember, 

She May have activated the BT on the 7in screen in one of the menus while booting up the computer and putting in the code during start up

It's an Apple thing.  Wife and I had all sorts of Bluetooth issues with our iPhones; dumped them for Androids a couple years ago and magically the Bluetooth issues went away.  Go figure.

• 10 months later...

I just put the batteries back in for the season, turned on the display and stereo, and boat won't pair with anything.  The bluetooth interface in the malibu head unit is so terrible.  It shouldn't be this difficult to pair a phone to a stereo.  Anyone got any ideas for the 2017 23LSV?