Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help with 2013 MXZ 24 surf wave??

eharleygolf

Our surf wave has no push on 2013 Wakesetter 24 MXZ. Does anyone have any experience with surfing this boat? What weight, where to add or take out  and speed?

We have plug and play 750's and stock hard tanks.   Thanks for your help 

I have the same boat... I'm assuming your running Surfgate...  I run about 10.8 MPH (GPS).  I have 750 Flyhigh bags in the rear, probably similar to yours and I typically run the wedge about 2/3 of the way up.    Additionally the key on this boat is BOW WEIGHT!!

We have two setups we use, a "quick and easy setup" and a "heavy setup"... 

The the quick and easy, If your running just the 750's in the rear and stock tanks you can get away with adding about 400-500 lbs in the bow, I've had pretty good luck with either a 400 Bag or Lead Wake in the walk-through area up front.  

When we really want to take the time to set it up serious I run a 800 Flat floor bag on the floor in the middle of the boat and a 950 bow bag.

Last season I had 200 lbs of lead in the boat also at all time that we move around to help balance out the people and we typically run with 1-3 adults in the boat and 2-4 little kids. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...