Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Another Maliview Screen Issue.

Well I thought when I replaced my MTC Screen a year ago, that, that was going yo be it, and up till now i hadn't heard of any Maliview issues. 

Ok. So here we go,

Happened once last season and I shrugge it off. The screen powered up, and all I had was horizontal scrolling lines, dealer tolled me to check the RCA connections on the Viper box,

which in fact cleared up the problem till yesterday.

Here we go again! Intermittent issues as of two days ago.

The screen icons get a halo around them on occasion.

The seen vibrates horizontally on occasion. 

The screen has horizontal scrolling lines again. 

When I tapped on the screen, not all that hard, rectified the problem. 

Three times now on hard power up engine start, within 10 sec. Screen goes blank and the engine quits,  do a hard restart, all is fine... crazy. .. $#@/.

I did check the RCA connectors again on the Viper box but no resolution., at this point I'm not going to pull Maliview out of the dash to check that end of the RCA connectors till I get down to my dealer and discuss all this with them.

So my question to you all is ths? Have any of you experience these symptoms and found a resolution,  and I'm hoping it's not... Ya needs a new Maliview Screen. 

Man... $$$$$. I can only imagine after what the MTC Screen cost me.

This is very disappointing for all of us. You'd think that being so expensive the replacement screen would last for quite a while and not go t***-up in such a short period of time. I hope for your sake there's a simple repair to your problem. 

keep us posted and good luck...

I've also had these issues on occasion, I was able to correct the issues by checking all the connections under and behind the dash.  Most notably for me was the ground buss, I found a number of the screw terminals had become loose over time. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Late to the topic but I have had similar problems in the past. My dealer told me to check the voltage when the problem was happening. Most every time the voltage was lower than 12 volts. I would either change my battery switch or just let the boat/engine sit for several minutes. Not sure if this helps but it does for me. 

Good luck.