Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

West sounds led rings

Cboom12

31 minutes ago, Blenderhead said:

Thanks man.

So funny story in my infinite wisdom in wanted to upgrade my interior speakers....  I ordered 3 sets of REVO6 speakers because I wanted to upgrade my speakers, wanted the built in LEDs AND wanted to also add LED rings...  Thinking that I was actually upgrading the quality of the speakers and getting the built in LEDs it made it worth the upgrade.  Then I found out that the Malibu branded interior speakers are actually higher end speakers and exactly same as the REVO6 speakers without the built in LEDs after I finished installing everything.  Would have never made the purchase if I knew that lol.

To answer your question - I went with the Wetsounds branded rings from creativeaudio.com.  I think they might even have an active 10% coupon right now as well.

Ultimately, now I have 3 sets of brand new Malibu branded wetsounds 6.5" speakers.  Not sure if I want to sell them or keep them.....

Thanks @blenderhead.  Well, at least you got what you wanted in the end.  If it were me, id inload the Malibu Revos that you removed.  I know they would end up just sitting in a box collecting dust.  There are a ton of guys on this thread looking to do audio upgrades, I’m sure you could get rid of them quickly.  Otherwise you could alway use them for another project (golf cart, cooler, garage system, etc.) 

On 5/17/2018 at 7:55 PM, Blenderhead said:

I can say its fairly easy.  Biggest PITA is running the RGB wire throughout the boat.   Lessons learned for me is plan for all your connections present and future.   tap in some connectors for your cupholders and anything else you want to light up, otherwise you will be going back and cutting up your wire when you decide to do so.  With the LED speaker rings, be very careful not to stress the wires where it connects to the RGB strip.  Pretty fragile.  Nothing more frustrating than hooking everything up thinking is good and having to go back and troubleshoot connections.   With that being said....test all your lights before you screw your speakers back in.   lol.  Oh and have a beer cooler full while you do this.....

LED2.thumb.jpg.ea2c049b5a7e092e37201690b58e4792.jpg

I’m doing  your entire setup, snd using the wetsounds 1male  to 3 female RGB wire with connectors to do the cup holder ring area

Adding  the 8000 lumen RGB boat plug light and the generic  controller you bought on amazon from Diablo Royale a little cheaper and a 3.5 splitter to run that controller and the wetsounds  controller music functions for each 

added two really nice 40 watt led flood tower lights , boat and tower and transom lights all separately switched at dash or in the extra aux switches on my lit ws420 sq dash mount.  I will have 5 aux accessory switches in the final build light and stereo build

plan to do some undercover night surfing sessions at Norris at TMC. Lake fest

thx for all the inspiration 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Blenderhead said:

oh that's nice.  I like how it has interchangeable dies....  

You only need the one already in it fir waterproof connectors 

you squeeze the 1st part with fingers over yellow seal then crimp seal and conductor  connection at same squeeze does both pieces of different depths in one squeeze and makes you finish the full squeeze ratchet to open the levers when finished , perfection 

Edited by granddaddy55
52 minutes ago, JMVOTTO said:

Light up those factory Icons

Be advised - the Malibu factory cans are NOT compatible with the LED ring kits out there.   I was only able to light up my aftermarket Icon cans that I added to my tower.

LED4.jpg

37 minutes ago, Blenderhead said:

Be advised - the Malibu factory cans are NOT compatible with the LED ring kits out there.   I was only able to light up my aftermarket Icon cans that I added to my tower.

LED4.jpg

If someone has a take-off they would be willing to lend out for clinical testing, im sure a ring can be engineered. 

• Like 1

I had my shop custom the back of the tweeters on all the speakers in the boat including the OEM Icon 8s   ( they are Ringless)

Edited by JMVOTTO
On 5/22/2018 at 10:28 AM, Blenderhead said:

I have looked around and have been unsuccessful in finding any for the Malibu branded stuff.....   I event tried to mod it...  bridge too far to make it work.

let me know if you spot any.

You can get the correct rings from Malibu.

1 minute ago, COOP said:

You can get the correct rings from Malibu.

I did not know that.  Probably only available from the dealer?  If so then they probably cost a fortune!

On 6/1/2018 at 9:44 AM, Blenderhead said:

LED4.jpg

What is the transom lights, thru hull/stern or boat plug light?

I went with the RGB boat plug light Vega pro, hooked up last night in driveway and it lit up my carport when we tested all the RGB last night , cheap easy and bright

On 6/1/2018 at 10:27 AM, JMVOTTO said:

I had my shop custom the back of the tweeters on all the speakers in the boat including the OEM Icon 8s   ( they are Ringless)

That’s how all the factory lit speaker lights come , with tweeter light rings

On 6/2/2018 at 8:35 AM, COOP said:

Absurdly and unnecessarily expensive. They are sold individually and are around $150 each.

If that’s each and not pair then at eBay prices for REVO 6 you @Blenderhead you saved money.  I paid $245 a pair. No just sell the Malibu speakers cheap cause any additional margin from sale and you win big

@Blenderhead, @MLA

we have RGB light noise from REVO 6 on same circuit as sub that had added RGB ring that had no noise, tower rev 8 with RGB kit have no noise either snd they are on separate circuit in same wetsounds controller , wired the power from battery to controller  same noise , bypassed switch fir controller at dash same noise

i

think it's the REVO 6 but @Blenderheaddidn’t complain of noise 

help

Yeah, the PWM frequency given off by certain RGB colors is typically too high to be reproduced by the woofer. I bet its there if you viewed it on a scope, depending on the x-over point.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:00 PM, granddaddy55 said:

That’s how all the factory lit speaker lights come , with tweeter light rings

those are not rings  they are custom individual leds lights  in a pattern designed to emulate the factory revo  since the Malibu OEM did not come led ready . ( non ring look , more stealth looking )

I think they are brighther that the revo with leds but more subtle than the rings. Hence additional cubby lighting on the different zones