Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

5 hours ago, Cboom12 said:

I really like the new colored axis interiors, I’d have loved to have got a tan interior in my 18. Also since Malibu is putting pics out there can we get some info on the updated axis head unit? I HATE the stock 18 unit. If this is a decent step up and I can keep my surf beep I’d like to upgrade. Seems the addition of a knob to replace the up/down button is a step in the right direction. 

Who needs the beep anyway. I love the mc1 in my 17’ a20. 

2 hours ago, onewake09 said:

Who needs the beep anyway. I love the mc1 in my 17’ a20. 

Well I can live without the beeps, but the mc-1 is $699 +$199 to replaces my transom remote. It’s my first choice as of right now, but it appears the new HU is just an updated control unit that may in fact work with my stock black box. If that’s the case it will be  a much cheaper upgrade, and I’ll still have the beeps. 

17 hours ago, Cboom12 said:

I really like the new colored axis interiors, I’d have loved to have got a tan interior in my 18. Also since Malibu is putting pics out there can we get some info on the updated axis head unit? I HATE the stock 18 unit. If this is a decent step up and I can keep my surf beep I’d like to upgrade. Seems the addition of a knob to replace the up/down button is a step in the right direction. 

I agree! Would have loved to have tan interior in our 18 A24. Also hoping for plug and play with the new HU

On 7/17/2018 at 1:53 PM, ndahlberg12 said:

Not kidding, that color would be the only reason why my Wife would let us upgrade in a few years..... Ill gladly take your used undesirable color boat after price is lowered sitting around a while.

ahopkins22LSV
1 minute ago, AJwakedevil said:

Not kidding, that color would be the only reason why my Wife would let us upgrade in a few years..... Ill gladly take your used undesirable color boat after price is lowered sitting around a while.

My wife picked our colors and guess what we went with?! :lol: 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

My wife picked our colors and guess what we went with?! :lol: 

Did the teal/sea foam huh? Hey, house harmony points. Cash em in when you want to go out for a weekend with just the guys.

*She wants teal.. not as dark as the sea foam. 

Edited by AJwakedevil
ahopkins22LSV
Just now, AJwakedevil said:

Did the sea foam huh? Hey, house harmony points. Cash em in when you want to go out for a weekend with just the guys.

Yeah except is called Azure Blue Flake. Sounds fancier ;) 

We didn’t use a ton of it I think as an accent it’s going to be awesome. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Yeah except is called Azure Blue Flake. Sounds fancier ;) 

We didn’t use a ton of it I think as an accent it’s going to be awesome. 

looking forward to seeing delivery pics of it... heck we may even get pics of it before any official Malibu release of the '19 stuff.

so uhhh, the CEO can post instagram pics... but not type something up for the Malibu Crew Press?

ahopkins22LSV
20 minutes ago, AJwakedevil said:

looking forward to seeing delivery pics of it... heck we may even get pics of it before any official Malibu release of the '19 stuff.

so uhhh, the CEO can post instagram pics... but not type something up for the Malibu Crew Press?

It’s in production right now and should be pulling from the mold today. As soon as I have pics I will update my thread!

• Like 2
4 hours ago, onewake09 said:

So you’re saying the HU in the 2019’s may work with the 2017-2018 boats? Simple plug and play?

I don’t know if it will, but in the axis pic the transom remote looks like it hasn’t changed. In addition i know you can buy the current axis style face alone to use as a remote. My guess is that the black box is unchanged but I could be wrong. That’s what I’m want info to know. 

Just now, 85 Barefoot said:

sea foam metallic and full sea foam interior ordered here!  I guess I'll once again not post pictures of my boat on here, haha

Ignore the haterz.....

1 minute ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Ignore the haterz.....

Interestingly, I ordered a redesign that has not been mentioned in this thread yet (that I've seen).  Malibu keeping it well under wraps, apparrently.  So, once again, ordered totally blind as to model and color!  Insert Austin Powers poker scene here.  

• Like 2
1 minute ago, 85 Barefoot said:

Interestingly, I ordered a redesign that has not been mentioned in this thread yet (that I've seen).  Malibu keeping it well under wraps, apparrently.  So, once again, ordered totally blind as to model and color!  Insert Austin Powers poker scene here.  

A22? 20 VTX/LSV?

Just now, boardjnky4 said:

A22? 20 VTX/LSV?

Since no pictures exist, I'd rather not say yet.  But I hope I like it because the order was confirmed (no changing or backing out).

Just now, 85 Barefoot said:

Since no pictures exist, I'd rather not say yet.  But I hope I like it because the order was confirmed (no changing or backing out).

Pictures of the A22 exist... so I'm guessing it's not that either?

8 hours ago, 85 Barefoot said:

sea foam metallic and full sea foam interior ordered here!  I guess I'll once again not post pictures of my boat on here, haha

Would love to see pics!  I like the new color trends and happy Malibu is finally joining MC and Nautique in that regard, I just don't have the stones to do it myself:biggrin:

Edited by Chappy
4 hours ago, 85 Barefoot said:

You do understand that there is a bit of an obligation to show a pic.....Bring it on @85 Barefoot!

The power tower isn't a standard feature on the 2019 BLX, is it? Although I can't ever see myself ever even putting mine down that would be a bummer just getting into a 2018 this season.