Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

That is a pretty remarkable bit of machinery and engineering right there.  Not the boat for me, but as a gadget and engineering nut, major props to Malibu on this boat.  Really cool boat.

Just now, IXFE said:

That boat would look INSANE on your lake, Raimie

Anything bigger than a 23' boat is INSANE on the inland lakes of the upper Midwest unless you're talking something Winnebago-sized or bigger.  When you ride from the dock, 23 is plenty.  Was just talking to one of the guys from Boulder Boats about this an hour ago.  These boats are selling like crazy out here because if you didn't bring it with you to the lake, you don't have it for the day.  Not like riding from the dock where a 21 or 22 footer is plenty of boat and you're never more than 5 minutes away from your "stuff."

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

That is a pretty remarkable bit of machinery and engineering right there.  Not the boat for me, but as a gadget and engineering nut, major props to Malibu on this boat.  Really cool boat.

Anything bigger than a 23' boat is INSANE on the inland lakes of the upper Midwest unless you're talking something Winnebago-sized or bigger.  When you ride from the dock, 23 is plenty.  Was just talking to one of the guys from Boulder Boats about this an hour ago.  These boats are selling like crazy out here because if you didn't bring it with you to the lake, you don't have it for the day.  Not like riding from the dock where a 21 or 22 footer is plenty of boat and you're never more than 5 minutes away from your "stuff."

The INSANE remark was referring the the color of @Raimie‘s water. 

We are rarely out for more than 2-3 hours at a time, and I’m still a big boat fan. But I realize I’m not your typical buyer. 

30 minutes ago, IXFE said:

That boat would look INSANE on your lake, Raimie

20 minutes ago, IXFE said:

The INSANE remark was referring the the color of @Raimie‘s water. 

We are rarely out for more than 2-3 hours at a time, and I’m still a big boat fan. But I realize I’m not your typical buyer. 

Yes it would!

I'm like you... we walk out to the end of the dock and ride for a few hours. Come in, have lunch, maybe go out again, or maybe not. I rarely have a cooler even, unless we go hang out in a bay for a bit with the kiddos. I don't think that should stop us from having the 25' though :rockon:

Edited by Raimie
  • Like 3
8 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

I'm 5-10 mins from dock but still waiting on the 27lsv!

Anyone with a pic if the 25lsv bow thruster? Aft truster option or this what they are meaning? Or both? 

I’m just grabbing this pic from Loomis’ IG post but you can see the bow thruster on it.

2EDC9BE8-AC19-4298-8828-B9E30A1F5ECC.jpeg

• Like 2
On 7/29/2018 at 11:55 PM, SCMike said:

Anyone notice the optional flip down swim step for the new 25LSV?  Looks like the cobalt platform made it over to Malibu.  I didn’t see it mentioned on any other models though. 

Yes, I noticed that too.  It would seem Malibu is trying to set the 25 LSV apart from rest of the LSV line-up.  It has quite a few unique features/options.

• Permanent wakeview leanback seat with secondary cooler
  • Sliding wakeview bench seat with integrated table
  • More hard tank ballast
  • Room for larger PnP ballast
  • Significantly larger fuel tank
  • Unique gel lines (in all available schemes)
  • Wireless charging
  • Optional bow thruster
  • Optional flip down swimstep
  • Optional secondary sub (avail on 23 but not 22)

For 2019 it would also seem the have a unique motor not available on the 23. 

No longer will people be able to say the 25 is just a 23 with 2' extra. 

• Like 2

So all this extra and no additional weight to boat? 

Bow thruster looks like the jet thruster? Not a true cut through sideways prop style thruster? If it's jet thruster then does it have option for rear ports as well? 

41 minutes ago, IXFE said:

I'll just leave these right here... (Zephyr Blue on White w/ Sephia Brown Vinyl)

Nautical.JPG

Nautical 2.JPG

Is Zephyr blue a replacement for the midnight blue of the past? Looks sharp though still don't love the sepia. 

2 minutes ago, IXFE said:

You are correct, sir.

Just built one. Builder works surprisingly well on mobile! I like the progressive gel pattern. Big improvement over the random angular blotches of the past few years. I think Malibu has a home run w this model. 

5 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Is Zephyr blue a replacement for the midnight blue of the past? Looks sharp though still don't love the sepia. 

Kinda, it’s darker. Then they also introduced the dark blue metallic. Basically they took the midnight blue metallic and turned it into two new colors like what they did with stratosphere